DiRT Rally Need help getting controls in DR to work again!

Hey guys,

I wonder if you can help me with a problem I'm having with Dirt Rally. I have OSW SimuCube wheel & Fanatec pedals that I was able to get working once I did as suggested in the Codemasters forum post HERE, it all worked great! But now, after adding a VR headset, I was having graphics stutter issues (due to my OSW SimuCube firmware I think) so I started testing different things out in the controller files and its now all messed up somehow... For some reason, now when I try going into the "Control Presets", I don't see "Direct Input Device". I only see Keyboard (azerty) and Keyboard as the 2 options. So I can't even get any controls set now, even after doing a complete un-install & re-install...

FYI, I'm asking this here because in the Codemasters forums no one seems to respond, not even the Codemasters people!

Thank you in advance,

Jack

Nevermind, I figured out the one other thing you must do when doing a complete reinstall of the game, in order to solve a controller issue like I was having... It looks like when you have the cloud sync option on, it will put all your previous settings. Once I turned that off and then did a fresh install I was able to access the optional control presets and then activate my wheel & pedals.

Now, if I can just figure out why I'm still getting stutter in VR (maybe SimuCube?),I'll be a happy sim racer!

Have you check out that your framerate is above 90 fps all the time?

Actually Elaphe, I made a discovery yesterday that made all the difference in the world... I had mistakenly turned off vsync, and once I turned it back on I'm getting a straight 90fps. Now today I'm turning back up the graphics settings to get it looking pretty again!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%