Need Help!...F1 1976 Mod & Brands Hatch Early

Ok, I'm using the F1 1976 mod and using the GP79 tracks with no problems.

Now, I downloaded the Brands Hatch Early version so I could race there, however, the AI cars are very very slow around the circuit and I don't know why.

If someone has experience in this area, maybe not with these mods but had the same issues, I would dearly like to know what I need to do so I can use this track without this problem.

Many thanks in advance!

In general many rFactor tracks have AI that is not up to scratch for offline racing. You'll probably find that the GP79 tracks have good AIW files but Early Brands doesn't. I haven't tried early brands myself, but I'm guessing this is the problem.

There are really two solutions.
1. Ask someone who makes good AIW files (nicely) to do one for you. This however relies on knowing someone who does good AI and them being willing to do it.
2. Make your own AI. I've modified the AI files on a few circuits offline before and it's not really that hard. I'm no AI pro and they aren't perfect but, as I said, it's not hard to do a decent one if you're willing to spend a bit of time. I would suggest looking in this thread from the BTB forums on making rFactor AIW files, using an editor provided by ISI. Alternatively (or in conjunction with this method), you can use Guitarmaen's AIW CAM editor which you can find here on rFactorCentral.

In general many rFactor tracks have AI that is not up to scratch for offline racing. You'll probably find that the GP79 tracks have good AIW files but Early Brands doesn't. I haven't tried early brands myself, but I'm guessing this is the problem.

There are really two solutions.
1. Ask someone who makes good AIW files (nicely) to do one for you. This however relies on knowing someone who does good AI and them being willing to do it.
2. Make your own AI. I've modified the AI files on a few circuits offline before and it's not really that hard. I'm no AI pro and they aren't perfect but, as I said, it's not hard to do a decent one if you're willing to spend a bit of time. I would suggest looking in this thread from the BTB forums on making rFactor AIW files, using an editor provided by ISI. Alternatively (or in conjunction with this method), you can use Guitarmaen's AIW CAM editor which you can find here on rFactorCentral.

Thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated.

I have now sorted the AIW file and everything is fine...YIPEEE!
I can now race as my hero James Hunt at one of my favourite tracks in the 1976 season!

thanks again, your information did help!

CHEERS!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back