NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize

Misc NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I had the same initially. Make sure you are on the most recent Content Manager - from gihub. or via enabling testing versions in CM. Else script sliders don't show.

Apologies - I tried to release version 0.5 - to help out screen users. But in the end it completely broke it for VR, shouldn't have, but did. So I've removed 0.5 for now. Will try work on it more later.

For now - best stick with 0.4

I don't understand, I reinstall AC and Content Manager 0.8.2594.39678, then CSP 0.2.3 but on Neck FX, doesn't appear the sliding bars after Script Setting, even in default.

Any suggest?
1704036200877.png

1704036234972.png

Thanks and happy new year to everybody
just read to check testing version ahahahah it works....

Last edited:
Habilite las versiones de prueba en CM.
O obtenga las últimas novedades directamente desde GitHub.
prueba CSP
Unfortunately I have tried different versions of CM and CSP and the problem persists.

prueba CSP

Unfortunately I have tried different versions of CM and CSP and the problem persists.
Try get latest CM pre-release from here:

If that doesn't work, no idea, likely something specific on your config. You could try resetting CSP settings.

I run lastest pre-release/preview for both CM and CSP.

You can always edit the .ini file directly to adjust the settings if you can't get it to show.

Try get latest CM pre-release from here:

If that doesn't work, no idea, likely something specific on your config. You could try resetting CSP settings.

I run lastest pre-release/preview for both CM and CSP.

You can always edit the .ini file directly to adjust the settings if you can't get it to show.
I edited the .ini and the script menus appeared! thanks!

Is it possible to make this work with the bonnet camera instead of the cockpit cam when using monitors?
Don't believe so. There's no option to set the active camera - it's always cockpit. You could try moving the camera out the front with the onboard settings, but no idea how that would behave for the movements.

Apologies - I tried to release version 0.5 - to help out screen users. But in the end it completely broke it for VR, shouldn't have, but did. So I've removed 0.5 for now. Will try work on it more later.

For now - best stick with 0.4
The latest version says DON'T USE.
Can you clarify which version we SHOULD use for VR?
Thanks.

edit: @Jordash what setting would simulate the driver's head/torso momentarily moving forward under braking and moving backwards under acceleration in VR? Keen to try this with the Gseat/Gbelt.
I tried increasing both 'Tilt With X G-Force' and 'Tilt With Z G-Force' to 200% but they seemingly made no difference at all.
Has to be said, the Neck FX settings descriptions are still totally inadequate and borderline incomprehensible, even years after it was introduced. Such a frustrating app to use.

edit 2: OK, after much faffing I think I've found the fore/aft g-force controls, which I don't think were visible in your lua script. How do I add this to your script?

1708697672152.png

edit 3: seems like the three numbers separated by commas are X, Y and Z... I think. So increasing the third number should affect fore/aft effects. I'm guessing X relates to left/right, Y is up/down, Z is front/back.
@Jordash it might be worth adding optional fore/aft surge effects to your script. If used with care they seem pretty effective in VR in simulating head inertia under acceleration and braking, something I've not tried before in VR as until today I was a RHM user and hadn't really tried Neck FX due to its incomprehensibility.

Last edited:
I can't make it lock to the banking at ovals like Daytona.
No matter how I edit ROLL_LOCK value.
It would be nice if this feature would be achieved in an update.

RHM does lock to the banking. So for the moment I stick to RHM.

I can't make it lock to the banking at ovals like Daytona.
No matter how I edit ROLL_LOCK value.
It would be nice if this feature would be achieved in an update.

RHM does lock to the banking. So for the moment I stick to RHM.
There's a 'horizon lock to track surface' in NeckFX settings which might do what you want, but I'm guessing it's not available (like the g-menus aren't available) in this build of the app LUA scrript.

Last edited:
It's under the 'directional alignment' submenu, but might not be visible/useable with this LUA script.
You'll find it if you untick 'Replace original CSP behaviour with a custom script'.
Okay, thanks. Found it.
But sadly - as you already guessed above - it doesn't work when lua script is activated.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea