NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize

Misc NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize 0.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jordash submitted a new resource:

NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize - VR Focused NeckFX LUA script. Mixes lock to horizon and car lock while smoothing bumps.

If like me you loved RHM but found it performing increasingly more poorly as CSP evolved, then you were likely excited when NeckFX came along... but alas, nothing I tried seemed to work for VR. Lock to Horizon get's us most of the way there, but I always feel a bit odd on elevation changes and banking.

So, with the aid of chatGPT, I made a NeckFX LUA script focused on VR, trying to replicate what I had with RealHeadMotion. It could likely be improved, but for now it does exactly what I've...

Read more about this resource...

i need to try this, i still dont get the difference between lock to horizon or lock to car..., and the youtube comparison video is in 2d not vr, so i cant really see the difference.

i need to try this, i still dont get the difference between lock to horizon or lock to car..., and the youtube comparison video is in 2d not vr, so i cant really see the difference.
It should be pretty obvious. Lock to Horizon, the car bounces around the camera and you stay looking straight ahead. Lock to Horizon off (locked to car) means the camera is locked to the cars movement and the car looks still and the track bounces around.

Most noticable on banked tracks like ovals or very steep elevation changes. With lock to horizon the car will rotate up the bank and it feels like you are looking through the window or something.

2d video shows the comparison more easily, too much movement in VR to reliably see differences.

This script breaks the hold right mouse button to look around function. Is it possible to fix?
I don't use that. As this was made for driving/racing in VR - so I just look around.

I don't see how you could have a look around function as well - since the script controls the camera movement, it would be another layer of movement control likely to break things.

Same here.... I too am in the same boat! I manually copied the folder and overwritten the old files, and
Same here.... I too am in the same boat! I manually copied the folder and overwritten the old files, and nothing showing up in the script settings. No sliders, just emptiness.
nothing showing up in the script settings. No sliders, just emptiness.
Yes, exactly the same here. Anybody can help ?
Thanks

Jordash updated NeckFx LUA script - VR-Stabilize with a new update entry:

Not just for VR - update for screen users mainly

Adjusted so that glance left/right will work as well as right mouse look around. This has limitations, up/down rotation only works off angle. left/right works as intended.

For those on screen/drifters, added "Slide and Steering" following. This uses most of the logic from the original NeckFX script. Only applies when using screen, default is off.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Same here.... I too am in the same boat! I manually copied the folder and overwritten the old files, and nothing showing up in the script settings. No sliders, just emptiness.
I had the same initially. Make sure you are on the most recent Content Manager - from gihub. or via enabling testing versions in CM. Else script sliders don't show.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.