National Flag below username/avatar?

Bram Hengeveld

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
This would require a forum modification that is currently not supported, and as it ads very little to none to the functionality its not very likely that its going to happen.

Would have a big impact on the loading speed of pages as well as every image has to be requested per page load.

Rupe Wilson

10000RPM
Premium
Read what was posted please,

This would require a forum modification that is currently not supported, and as it ads very little to none to the functionality its not very likely that its going to happen.

Would have a big impact on the loading speed of pages as well as every image has to be requested per page load.

The only solution is to do it yourself and add a little flag to your own avatar image,

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
How about this?
flag.jpg

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
I'm not ruling it out outright, but it's not just a case of slapping an image in place. Currently people only choose a timezone not a country, so that information needs a place to be collected and then stored. The template system and the postbit builder needs modding and appropriate caching put in place. Finally, I have to choose which countries to put in a list for your selection, followed by complaints that 'small principality I never heard of existed' is missing and the usual 3 week argument I have with Bram about why I'm English not United Kingdomish :D

Tbh at the moment I'm working on something that potentially involves similar functionality so there's a chance it might make a showing anyway but all in all my todo list is absolutely huge atm and this would not sit in a priority slot.

So in principal yes, maybe at some point down the road it will fill a slow Saturday morning but at the moment I can't promise anything or commit the time to it.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Premium
It's just an idea that I'm fine tuning. Put it this way, I have absolutely no idea how to code something like that, so I appreciate that it may be hard.

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
Not hard per se. there's just some things that need to be approached in a proper way in order to prevent a return to the heavily modded, slow, and somewhat buggy, days of the old vBulletin installation.

As for the idea though, in principal yes I do like it. I just can't commit to it atm.