NASCAR The Game 2013: Available On Steam

Yes you are both right, I was talking about the offline racing, but I think the devs are still working on the multiplayer so hopefully they will get that side sorted soon.

I would also add, I'm surprised at the lack of interest in the game on this forum. Maybe it is because most users here are European? IMO it's every bit as worthy as GRID2 (not even a cockpit view?), or MotoGP.
I think the European bit is correct. Well, at least it is for me, no interest in that kind of racing.

But I like devs taking the time to respond to people, and fixing things, so might pick it up eventually.

Yup, the devs are extremely friendly. But darn, I'm disappointed in the game, so much weirdness, so many CTD's. So much stuck in loading. No DNF's among the AI. The AI's cars weigh 10 ton, my 500kg (when it comes to bumping, not acc.). Robby Gordon & Pastrana in the game, no Nationwide,Trucks,Modified/K&N in career mode. No chance to get signed by a team, and work up a healthy amount of money before you at last get to buy your own car, and start up your own team.
No chance to change the livery in Career mode. Fair enough, the Sprint-livery looks good. But I want some pink in it!
Not a winning purse, but the standard "credits" system, with upgrades.

If they had taken the feel of the car, the graphics, coupled with a more realistic approach to drivers, DNF and damage, and done more of the EA-style, kinda more "real" career. Than this generic "You are a one man team with a crappy car, and you get credits to upgrade your car" career. This game could've been one of the best racing games released the last few years (Seeing as rF2 is still in beta).

Instead I find myself getting fed up of ctrl alt deleting when it get stucked in loading, and restarting races because of "pitting under caution -> ctd" bug.

I am really happy that I have used money to support a PC release (first since 04 or 05 for NASCAR I think), and that it seems like the devs are paying close attention to feedback.
But at the same time, it feels like I should've used the money on something more... finished.

Well, I'm sorry you're suffering those problems, but just to balance the view, I have not suffered CTDs since the first patch, or any sticking in loading; & the devs are still working on damage & DNFs.
You're right, the career is not much to shout about if you're looking for a more involved 'storyline' around your racing. Personally, I just want decent, believable racing, with championship standings table, & I find most developers efforts at creating a career (engine upgrades, etc) usually makes a mess of the actual racing. - so in other words, as long as I can run a solid season of races I'm happy.
BTW if you haven't tried it today, I believe they put out another patch which fixed numerous crashes last night.

Already won Sonoma three times today in career mode. Still cannot get passed the next loading screen (after I've done my burnouts). Won it twice yesterday, same thing happened. It's a bit frustrating. Last night I even had the game up for a bit over 3 hours to see if it did load, it didn't :/

And ye, many devs just F up the racing part of career modes, I felt V-Rally 3, NASCAR 06 (only PS2 NASCAR game I've owned, and somewhat the F1 series from Codemasters, have done it good enough.
This career mode, is just... bad.

Hope they'll be able to fix the DNF + Damage (but that will mean to change AI as well, as they don't really avoid crashes...), that will help the game quite a lot. Right now, it's not tense enough :)

I feel the game have great potential, it just fails to reach it on so many areas.

Well, I've decided to put off purchasing this game until the following issues have been resolved in a future patch:

-AI DNFs and damage
-AI pitting under green straight after caution periods, without deciding to pit under cuation.

Gameplay is all important to me, and these 2 are currently dealbreakers IMO. Won't be purchasing until these two gameplay issues are addressed. I just read on the NTG forums that AI DNFs and damage models are being looked into by developers and they will make this better sometime in the future with a new patch. So I'll wait until then.

I am glad that this forum is here I have placed this game on my wishlist as a future purchase via steam. It would be great if those things get ironed out though if we get too deep into the games lifecycle then I will more than likely hold off till next year. I will say looking at some of the comments my thoughts are as follows

I am sorry to hear that the career mode only spans the NASCAR series though with it being an early installment by the devs it isn't that surprising to me that this is all there is. And the fact that career mode even has the upgrades to the car etc is pretty impressive to me, as again it's a new series.

It would be great to see some, (of the good) EA-ification or better yet Infograming to the game, maybe going so far as to give us dirt track racing to start the career. I think it would be really great to see them start adding to the game in the future, but lets start with a great base game first.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back