NASCAR Fights: Good or Bad?

Simply as bad as anywhere in real life! :thumbsdown:

You can see the worst outcome in the incident between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward jr., who got killed there. Nothing more to say about it.

So, when a guy rams you off the track, you therefore lose your 50.000$ bonus and could also be potentially dead you walk up to him and say "Great race, mate!"?

I'm rather puzzled how people can stay so calm all the time.

So, when a guy rams you off the track, you therefore lose your 50.000$ bonus and could also be potentially dead you walk up to him and say "Great race, mate!"?

They are only calm and non agressive when it hasn't happened to them. They would be totally different if it did.
They are boring, but very predictable. Human life I'm afraid.

It's not unique to Nascar. Senna punched Eddie Irvine in Japan that time and Schumacher threw a punch at David Coulthard at Spa. If it's a rare event it just adds some passion to things but if it's happening every weekend then something is wrong. Like in most parts of life if the authorities don't deal with bad behavour then the participants will take it on themselves to sort it out.

Come on! There has to be a well working race controll of course, doing the judgment and giving penalties to pretend the drivers doing unfair moves (simply as in real life).

Doing self justice on the track or besides it sends the worst signal to the public. It's part of the close racing one can get involved into incidents, and yes, sometimes someone's clearly at fault BUT even then they have to handle it like mature persons.

All drivers should forget the idea, they have to produce this kind of show to increase their popularity. Unfortunately the media supports such nonsense.

Simply as bad as anywhere in real life! :thumbsdown:

You can see the worst outcome in the incident between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward jr., who got killed there. Nothing more to say about it.
That wasn't a fight in any way ; that was Ward, with a high level of THC in his system , getting out of his car, wearing black , during the night, on a poorly lit track. Nothing more, nothing less, but it wasn't a fight.

I don't have a problem with them fighting at all. It's a great way to vent their frustration when someone takes them out with a stupid move. I remember hearing stories about A.J. Foyt fighting people like Eddie Sachs when I was young. It's all part of the game. Remember, oval track racing by its very nature is always going to have lots of contact and that's going to piss some people off.

People want to see emotions, that's clear. Look at all the sports nowadays. Everbody looks for the real "Types" and the great "Characters". We all like to see sportsmen, showing emotions. I dont like physical fights between racedrivers. It doesn't have to be.

I say let them have it, something that is heavily lacking in the pass decades of racing is drama.
Not only talking about fighting each others, but giving more freedom to drivers to express themselves on track.

Think about those F1 drivers giving a taxi ride after race, Mansell who tried to push his car to the finish line in 1984, Michael storming McLaren's pitlane, you know that kind of drama. In Today's racing (at least in F1) doing that will give you penalty fees and other BS like that.

Drama, is an important part of the sport and his part of the entertainment.

In order to answer this question as "good", you have to love urban fightings as well. There is no difference. Violence is violence. Motorsports is also a "sport" and that means "peaceful competition."

Think about those F1 drivers giving a taxi ride after race, Mansell who tried to push his car to the finish line in 1984,...

No offense to you but it's the same type of people who shout at first, when the worst things happen in such situations. I remember I've seen a very bad accident in a historic sports car race, when a driver was pushing the car over the line and an incoming car hit his car, so the unguilty driver got killed in this accident (see here). Do you realy want to see a modern F1 driver get out of the car and push it around the track?

In racing the "drama" has to come from the sport itself. Nevertheless there are sometimes boring races but sometimes very exciting ones. For a real racing fan I guess that's enough. Personally I don't car about such childish stuff around.

Last edited:
This kind of situations is what the world is asking for, the thing is that the good examples should come from the ones that have public attention and doing fights is not a thing that should be encouraged.

Doing that they are giving encouragement to the others to get out of their cars when you are on the road and see a jackass doing a stupid maneuver... Do you guys really think that when you really want to do that if you did you were going to solve anything?? Just have a second though and you will realize there is nothing you can do... just let the asshole go away and maybe report him to the authorities if the situation was so severe.

It's not ethic and above all the money involved in NASCAR the organizers should realize this sport is being watched by kids so... Fights is of course a really bad thing to show. Yes I know.... I'm being romantic but that's how we should look at this kind of things or in the near future the world is going to be even more F&%&$ UP!

We should be less selfish and in this situation forget about the drama we want to see and realize how bad this is for our society.

it is a disgrace, but not so surprising coming from NASCAR, I guess it is the American way of solving issues, we are lucky most drivers do not carry fire arms.:O_o:

If your solution to feelings and disagreements is violence then you have proven to be more Neanderthal than the rest of us, motorsport or not it's something I despise and hope evolution will eradicate with time, I'm not holding my breath though.

Of course they are bad, it is bad behaviour and really disrespectful. But then NASCAR is promoting the championship by uploading the videos of the fights, which is even worse.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%