Nascar: Charlotte speedways "roval" discussion

Lesley Buurlage

Simracer Northern Lions Esports
Premium
1508344658329.jpg

so as an european, i don't know a lot about nascar, but every now and then when it's late and i see a race is going on i tune in and watch a field of cars going side by side with eachother for many laps. this time though i saw the build-up to a race on the charlotte "roval", a mix up of an oval and a road course (like F1 in indianapolis). i followed the chatter on social media, watched some highlights of practice (mostly crashes) and was pretty hyped as it was something unique which i had never seen before. though not knowing my timezones i missed practically the whole race and only got to tune in for a restart with a few laps to go... BUT IT WAS AWESOME! overtakes all through the field, tension all around and drama right till the finish line, i loved it!

seeing all this i feel sad that i missed the whole race and can't wait to watch the recap. i would like to know what others think of this concept or thoughts about the race for those who watched it

I actually watched a bit on Saturday, it wasn't great. You have probably missed a lot of NASCAR on road circuits this year, they seem to be running a lot more of them these days than I remember from the past; NASCAR at Mid-Ohio was as an amusing combination as you'd think it was. The Charlotte race used the existing road circuit - it's been used for ALMS in a slightly different configuration in the past, it's just like the Daytona 24hr course, nothing new.

There's an awful lot wrong with the general format though, I can't really get into it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back