NASCAR 2015 Season - What did you think?

Hello guys,

First thing I want to get out of the way: yes, I'm from Europe, and yes, I do like NASCAR. ;)
I got interested in it more and more throughout the last few years, and I can't actually believe that some people still think it's all about turning left. That's just plain ignorance.

To be honest though, the races are a bit long for me (especially with the yellow flag periods), but luckily there's a French channel that do race highlights of an hour, which is perfect to me. I've watched most of the season this year, and I really enjoyed it. I don't want to start a debate about whether it's better than F1. It's just different, and the fact is I enjoyed watching the racing, strategies, controversies, and all those aspects that make NASCAR unique.

I wanted to share that with you fellow RD members, and know if any of you were following Nascar too!

Photo_2b.jpg

What do you think about the Chase format? I feel like it makes Nascar closer to the other American sports, with playoffs. To me it adds excitement and brings the essence of the sport: the random factor where you need to be at the right place at the right moment. Although I'd love to see more importance given to the points earned during the regular season.

What to think about Kenseth litteraly smashing Logano on purpose? Some people loved it, do you think it should happen in motorsport, or is it a bit stupid to establish it as the norm?

What about Kyle Bush? His brother and him are known for being notorious pricks, am I wrong? :p So is it good to have such drivers champions, although we can't deny their sheer talent?

Photo_1.jpg

Feel free to share your thoughts! I've noticed Nascar (or Indycar for that matter) don't get much "air time" here at RD, so I thought I'd post something about it. :)

The season ended on a massive BS-title is my opinion.

Granted, I didn't watch the first 23 races of this season, because I was turned off that they changed the championship system again, and yet again, the driver who scored the most points through the season, by far - didn't win the title.
And this season a man who at the end, would've been 20th in any other championship, won the title?

I'm actually quite happy that there is nothing that makes me wanna watch NASCAR in 2016 as Dylan Kwasniewski looks unable to get anything going.

Most Americans love their playoffs and ratings for sports do go up for playoffs, but I agree, @Ole Marius Myrvold. I miss the NASCAR of old (Earnhardt, Wallace, Petty, Waltrip). I can't help but think that Earnhardt would eat all of em alive if he were still around. NASCAR is almost unrecognizable now compared to what it was. I really enjoy short track racing and lots of the old bullrings are gone (Hickory, Wilkesboro, Nashville, etc). 43 cars crammed into a 1/2 mile track is much better to watch than 43 cars on a mile and half cookie cutter track that's just like 10 other tracks on the schedule. I cannot understand why NASCAR only sends it's junior series to places like Canadian Tire, Road America, and Mid Ohio. To me, if NASCAR is going to do this silly chase format, a road course needs to be added. Add a race at one of the above sites, and give Watkins Glen a chase race. The Chase stuff needs some races at places that made NASCAR great
Daytona, Talladega, Bristol, Darlington, Watkins Glen, Martinsville, Charlotte, Richmond all need to be part of the Chase.

Well, for me it's the chase that ruins everything. I know the following scenario won't happen at all, but when you design a championship, where a driver can win 35 out of 36 races, get second in that 36th race, and not win the title, there is something wrong.

And a shameless double post, instead of editing...

I will most likely watch the occasional NationBusch-xFinity race and Truck race, they have a real championship, and some interesting tracks!

Strange to think that back in 2012 and 2013 I watched all races in the top 3 tiers, plus K&N West in 2012 and K&N East in 2013 (due to Dylan Kwasniewski) :)

And a shameless double post, instead of editing...

I will most likely watch the occasional NationBusch-xFinity race and Truck race, they have a real championship, and some interesting tracks!

Strange to think that back in 2012 and 2013 I watched all races in the top 3 tiers, plus K&N West in 2012 and K&N East in 2013 (due to Dylan Kwasniewski) :)

The Truck series is my favorite and has been since it's inception. It's always good hard racing.

Well, I only had a chance to start watching it seriously in 2010/2011, and it grew on me then ^^,

Unrelated, I hope that NASCAR 16 - The Game or what ever they choose the call it will be fairly good :)

Well there's always NR2003 to fall back on. I still race it quite often (just the Trucks and just short tracks)

Personally was shattered for Joey, by far the driver of the year. I will admit my heart sunk when he spun kenseth, I think he would have won regardless if he was a bit more patient.

Kenseth's pay back though was terrible, that's not racing at all, just school yard ****.

I actually don't mind the chase format, it makes each of the 10 races must see TV, but I will admit I felt really underwhelmed heading into the last race (partially as penske got knocked out) but yeah to be honest Kyle doesn't feel like the real champ.

I'll still be watching next year and pulling for 22 in 2016

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back