NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods

Other NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods v4.41a

Login or Register an account to download this content
John B. Ellis updated NAMeS+AI for Thunderflash Mods with a new update entry:

v0.3 includes Group 5 & 80's supercars

v0.3 includes Group 5 & 80's supercars

Note: There are a few, redundant drivers in Group 5 (e.g., Manfred Winkelhock drives for more than one manufacturer, etc.). There are also a few Capri drivers who never raced the Turbo, but as there are more Capri Turbos in the sim than real drivers who raced them, I had to select from other period Capri racers. I'm sure I'll revisit these oddities after racing against them for a while and determining what ought to be tweaked....

Also important: The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
John B. Ellis updated NAMeS+AI for Thunderflash AMS2 Mods with a new update entry:

Revised Group 5 attributes.

v0.81 includes an updated Group 5 file with new attributes. Assigning different, individual race_skill attributes--no matter how narrow in range-- simply introduced too much unaccountable variability among the Group 5 drivers, so race_skill for all drivers is now set at 1. Aggression is likewise set at 1 for all drivers to befit the tough nature of the competition, but the range of defending values is set to encourage drivers to yield given the risks of period machinery. Differences in...

John B. Ellis updated NAMeS+AI for Thunderflash AMS2 Mods with a new update entry:

[More] Revised Group 5 attributes.

v0.82 includes (yet another) revised Group 5 file, which is a further iteration of the previous file. In v0.82, the Group 5 file has race_skill, aggression, and defending all set to 1 for all drivers. Qualifying skill, stamina, and avoidance of forced mistakes are ranked values (i.e., better drivers get higher values) whereas most remaining variables (like consistency, start reactions, etc.) are randomly assigned within a preset ranges to generate a predictable degree of variability. I've...

So cool, this is excellent.

Question about the GT4 X-bow. The car on it's own seems to be OP, and because there's so many liveries available they tend to overwhelm the grid and make it so there much fewer of the other cars in the class around.

Will this set of AI files address that? Thanks again!

LMP900 file, revised, separate GT1 & GTE files

v0.85 includes an new LMP900 file for the BMW V12 LMR, as well as revised, separate GT1 mod & GTE mod files.

The X-Bow GT4 is still part of the main GT4 class, but I have included a separate "GT4 mod" file if Thunderflash decides to separate the X-Bow from the other Reiza GT4 cars. This extra file--along with optional files to add the GT1 & GTE cars back into their main classes--are all in a new folder named "Extended Classes". For most users, just ignore them, as they require additional...

Fictional Fanatec GT3 & Renault Mégane RX added

v0.90 adds a custom AI files for Thunderflash's Renault Mégane RX as part of an expanded RX category within AMS2 V1.5.

Also included, for his fictional Fanatec GT3 category, are period-correct drivers (typically either GT3 or, in some cases, GT4) for the Dodge Viper, Jaguar F-Type, & Toyota Supra.

Real X-Bow GT4 drivers are now within its own, GT4 Mod, category. As an option, alternative, expanded-class files are included as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea