My one big problem with ACC, help needed...

I have one big problem with ACC and could use some advice. My video card only has 6gb of memory and i'm maxing it out at the start of a race. I'm still pulling consistent framerates, but the memory usage is through the roof and temps are very high. It's the only game I own where these two things are an issue. I've been lowering the graphics options and testing, but nothing seems to be working. Since there is no guide for what each option actually does, I need some advice from more knowledgeable people as to what options I should start with to try and lower my memory usage and keep the temps down from overworking my system. For the record, my system is a Ryzen 5 3600 cpu, Nvidia GTX 1660 gpu and 16gb of memory.

Thanks for any advice...

High enough that the warning beep is going off when I race. I would say I have an issue with the video card except no other game I play do the temps get any higher than 60 degrees on the gpu (mostly mid 50's). For some reason ACC bumps up the temps on both my GPU and CPU to ridiculous levels. So much so that I can't play the game out of fear of damaging my system.

Last edited:
Modern equipment will throttle back when it's dangerously hot - you'll definitely notice a GPU doing it because your fps will collapse.

Best way to keep temps down is a) clean thoroughly & regularily, and b ) add more fans. And perhaps c) use a more aggressive fan profile for the GPU.

Last edited:
My video card only has 6gb of memory and i'm maxing it out at the start of a race. I'm still pulling consistent framerates, but the memory usage is through the roof and temps are very high.

Temperatures aside, why is it a problem if the game uses all available memory if it's not causing any performance issues?

Modern games often allocate a lot of vram and that's totally fine. Would you rather have games not use available ressources?

Maybe lower the graphics in the settings? And IF your hardware gets to hot it will stutdown to prevent it being damaged, its a feature all cpu's and gpu's have these days.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back