My Experience with iRacing So Far.

Well, the past month has been pretty interesting. Around mid October I was suspended from Race2Play.com for a month on somewhat ridiculous pretenses. I was not so mad about this really, but what happened after that just crossed the line for me. I was then banned until the first of January. Anyway, I went on a trip to NYC and got a web dev and cleared all of this from my mind. While I was in NYC, I saw an ad somewhere for iRacing. it stuck in my mind until I got home.

I had tried iRacing around the beginning of it's launch. Things were buggy and it was more expensive so I shrugged it off. Then, around three months ago, I decided to give it a try again. This time I had a buy one get two free coupon. Again though, I did a few races and kind of shrugged it off. It really was not to my liking.

When I got home from NYC, I remembered I still had a little time to try it again. With no other leagues to attend, I said to myself I would give it one week of my attention when it comes to sims. Now, I am glad I did.

Starting off as a rookie, I had 3 cars to pick from. SRF's, Solstice's, and now the MX-5's. I came back in the week 13 or whatever it is called, so there were a bunch of fun runs and an official SRF series. For the first day or so, I just could not get a handle on those SRF's. They are the complete opposite of the ones in rF. It seems with any sort of braking or throttle lift, the back end breaks loose and you really only have a very short amount of time to get it back. Anyway, I quickly learned to always be on the throttle at least a small amount to keep that back end in. In the few short days I had in this series, I was able to take a few wins.

Shortly after just beginning, I was upgraded to a "Class D" license. This is where I am at now. I am sticking to the rookie class races right now as I want to wait to purchase more content. I am having plenty of fun in the Mazda's. They are very easy to keep stable and make around the track. Although, it is difficult to put in a competitive time. They somewhat remind me of the Skoda's from rF. Anyway, I have had some of my best, most fun races in my sim racing history in these, as well as some of my worst.

Example of the worst. (I am the blue and orange car)

Now, at this point, situations like this are happening to me a lot. My safety rating has dropped almost a full point for incidents that I should not even have been part of. I feel as if everything I have learned to avoid accidents in 200+ league races in rF don't apply at all to iRacing. I was looking forward to advancing to Class C soon, but at this rate would be lucky to stay at D. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Also, I am looking at purchasing some new content. Probably one car and two tracks for now. What would you suggest. I DO NOT oval race.

These are my stats as of now.

Starts: 34
Wins: 4
Top 5: 20
Poles: 3
Avg Start: 6
Avg Finish: 6
Total Laps: 535
Laps Led: 48
Avg Inc: 8.5 =[
Avg Pts: 52
Win %: 12%
Top 5 %: 59%
Laps Led %: 9%

What now?!

This guy has also posted on the ISR forums, for what i'm guessing is a badly disguised advert for his cheating program, that will likely involve some nasty keylogging gremlins to steal your account.

Perhaps best deleting the post in order to avoid somebody falling for it?

Just my 2p.

Well, coming from a FPS backgroung I know all about cheaters. And IMO if a cheater wants to cheat then they will find a way. Hopefully iracing has some safe guards in place to stop this and I would think they would being that they pay out tens of thousands of dallors yearly to championship winners. I don't think they would just give that money away to cheaters.

It can't be detected. The only reason I was banned was for being a whistle blower. 500 plus dollar account permantely banned without even a written email. I got an email with a quote from the sporting code. It was like getting an email from a bot. As you can imagine I'm totally pissed about this but what can you do. In my opinion iRacing is screwed with this cheat engine program because they can't do anything about it.

You should contact iRacing customer service explaining that your aim was not cheating but that you were just curious about it working or not. You should also explain you regret this action and the fact of having advertised a cheating program, and that you hope being able to remain an iRacing customer and continue to support them in the future. Then maybe they could decide changing your permanent ban in a temporary one. Good luck.

I don't think explaining anything to iRacing is going to make any difference. The fact it was in a practice session and not an official session is going to fall on deaf iRacing ears I'm afraid.

Testing to see if it works is pretty naive. You could have just accepted that it worked and decided not to use it. Who knows what your intention was when 'testing it and posting about it' but you used it, hacked the programme and ultimately contravened the T's & C's. Are you a scapegoat? Maybe, but you put yourself in that position when curiosity got the better of you.

An expensive mistake/lesson - but that's how life is sometimes.

You should contact iRacing customer service explaining that your aim was not cheating but that you were just curious about it working or not. You should also explain you regret this action and the fact of having advertised a cheating program, and that you hope being able to remain an iRacing customer and continue to support them in the future. Then maybe they could decide changing your permanent ban in a temporary one. Good luck.

I have contacted customer support and Shannon Whitmore just keeps sending me these quotes from their sporting code. I was banned for being a whistle blower. Iracing wants to keep the fact that their software can be hacked hidden. They figure banning me would help that. Just like the people in this thread want it locked because they are most likely iracing fan boys who believe whatever iracing tells them.

Jeff you need to chill out just a notch. You were caught using the cheat right? Doesnt help your case whether you were testing the cheat or trying to master it. Either way iRacing has a sporting code which members of the iRacing community have to follow.

Jeff, it was perhaps a little naive thinking it was ok to use the cheat and then post about it in the forums. The more appropriate thing to have done would have been to keep it private between you and iRacing in an email.

I wouldn't say we were fanboys (not that I care for the thread to be locked) but as an iRacing member I lost count of the number of threads and posts that have littered the iRacing forums about people cheating or potentially cheating etc. etc. etc.

The amount of angst in the community about what people may or may not be doing with macros, what they may or may not be doing to steal an advantage, have been overwhelming. So to try a cheat (hack) on the server, to check if it works or has been blocked or whatever, has proven to be a serious error of judgement on your part.

Perhaps iRacing don't want it advertised on 'their' forum because they don't want it advertised on their forum. Perhaps they'd rather keep it quiet so they can catch more unsuspecting 'victims' who try the hack to see if it works.

Especially in rookie series, if you are not at the front of the grid you may want to look into starting from the pits. I have actually won a race from there in the Little Mazda at Lime Rock. So far my only win (I do the star Mazda races usually - tough competition)

All you have to do is let the grid call run out and you'll find yourself in the pits, start from there and start passing all the wrecks.If you are really fast in the right split you can also make a run at the top, if those guys make even a small mistake.

I found that out by mistake, I thought I'd have time to visit the boy's room, but turned out I didn't. Sat down as the race started.

By the way, invest $30more and buy the star Mazda and the Williams. There is an open series for the williams that you should not miss, and the star mazda is probably the most fun car in the lineup along with the skippy. But the SM has some grip, which is refershing after running the Skip. If you think the Spec is bad, wait until you race the skip at VIR. I swear it feels like an ice race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back