AC MX5 Cup @ Vallelunga Classic - Monday 27th June 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
mx5raceseries.jpg

Keep up the momentum, brake late and hard. MX5 Cup racing!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Join us as a Freemium Member
If you haven't raced with us before and you'd like to register for a freemium account and race online at RaceDepartment for free for a full month, sign yourself up below. We have five slots reserved so first come first served.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment #2
Cars: Mazda MX5 Cup
Track: Vallelunga Classic

Practice: 18:00GMT (30min)
Qualifying 1: 18:30GMT(10min)
Race 1: 18:40GMT (20min)
Qualifying 2: 19:00GMT(10min)
Race 2: 19:10GMT (20min)

Entry List
  1. Tobias Röhner
  2. Craig Patteson
  3. Andrew Harper
  4. speedyx56
  5. BioForce
  6. Tommi Saari
  7. Martin Faber
  8. Geof
  9. Premium Slot
  10. Premium Slot
  11. Premium Slot
  12. Premium Slot
  13. Premium Slot
  14. Premium Slot
  15. Premium Slot
  16. Premium Slot
  17. Premium Slot
  18. Premium Slot
  19. Premium Slot
  20. luisalulu75
  21. gilles13
  22. Freemium Slot
  23. Freemium Slot
  24. Freemium Slot

Last edited:
Did about thirty laps tonight and feel fairly comfortable. Have no idea if I'm quick enough but I'll give this a go. Sign me up.

Is the turn oversteer just caused by too late downchange on the gearbox.

Can't decide whether to use second or third at the hairpins. Trying to to use second but it causes the car to kick its tail out. Seem to lose more time than taking it in a high gear.

Did about thirty laps tonight and feel fairly comfortable. Have no idea if I'm quick enough but I'll give this a go. Sign me up.

Is the turn oversteer just caused by too late downchange on the gearbox.

Can't decide whether to use second or third at the hairpins. Trying to to use second but it causes the car to kick its tail out. Seem to lose more time than taking it in a high gear.
You definitely want to use 2nd gear there. I think you might even want to utilize the kick to turn the car.

You definitely want to use 2nd gear there. I think you might even want to utilize the kick to turn the car.

Yeah for sure 2nd feels better. I can see why a manual shifter is preferred though. I can't seem to get quite get through the gears fast enough and still keep the car stable with the paddles. Just requires more practise that's all. Fun car though.

Watched a couple of handy vids I see one person is using 3rd for the first hairpin and 2nd for the other one. So I'll try that when I get home from work tonight.

My worry is judging by his lap times, although I thought I was doing well last night I appear to be 8 seconds a lap slower than him! :O_o:

Watched a couple of handy vids I see one person is using 3rd for the first hairpin and 2nd for the other one. So I'll try that when I get home from work tonight
From my experience, 3rd for the first and 2nd for the second hairpin is the right thing to do.
I think for the first hairpin, you might not follow the rubber band on the ground at the entry, but instead use the outside/inside/outside usual technique
For the second one, if you do not want to spin when downshifting, you have two solutions :
- either you know how to heel and toe properly
- or you release the clutch pedal slowly, and put an egg under your right foot when taking back the gas pedal
Can't say i'm the best driver of these monday nights sessions, but these techniques worked well for me (gained 2 sec. that way)

Thanks @Freddo Soprano thats useful to know. I really need to learn heel and toe more. I have tried in the past but can't quite get it to be an automatic routine. Thinking too much about it. Still learning the car at the moment so I'll keep trying. Nice circuit to drive these cars on though.

Sign me up :)

Hoping this time my router and my tinnitus won't be acting up, disconnecting from the first race and driving half-deaf in the second wasn't exactly a fun experience...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back