Alright when was that again.....?

One of the most famous voices in English language Motor Sport , I do not think anyone replace or will ever replace the excitement and enthusiasm he put into Motorsports coverage.

Modern commentary I find lacking of such passion. thanks for those wonder years through the 70 to late 90's .

You are now with past racing Legends maybe even covering those great races in the afterlife.
Rip Murray Walker.

Merc might have a problem right now but they'll solve that soon. Perhaps not in Bahrain but one or two races later and then the old order is restored. :D I cannot imagine that a team which has won 8 titles in a row now somehow has unsolvable problems.
True but even then that would mean spending time and resources into the 2021 car which would mean less resources for 2022 car

Merc might have a problem right now but they'll solve that soon. Perhaps not in Bahrain but one or two races later and then the old order is restored. :D I cannot imagine that a team which has won 8 titles in a row now somehow has unsolvable problems.
This is exactly why they win, their unparalleled ability to adapt and improve.

1615906019196.jpeg
1615906170398.jpeg

Bernie probably called and said "The fans are losing interest, do something" and Toto replied "Well, then we forget mounting certain aero parts and simulate what it's like to lose them during the race"

Last edited:
Murray Walker will always be a legend of Motorsports. His 'extended radio interview' (as he called it ;)) for F1's "Beyond the Grid" is one of the best episodes of the series, so I listened to it once more after knowing of his passing... I hope I can remain as enthousiastic as him if I make it to 97. Rest in peace captain.

I only ever watched F1 live with German commentary. When I was on a train and put the Beyond the Grid podcast on and Murray Walker was introduced as that weeks interview partner as being a 96 year old ex TV commentator, I was rolling my eyes because I was expecting someone very old and slow talking who'd get lost mid sentence, but boy was I wrong. He got me charmed, outwitted and completely hooked during the whole interview. One of the best Beyond the Grid epsiodes of them all.

Alpine imo is the best this year. The Williams looks better on track than it looked in pics. But Ferrari, What where they thinking, the worst Ferrari livery ever.

Now, let's consider something more realistic:
  • Verstappen has just enough, and Hamilton has just a smidge less, to see Max splitting the Mercs fairly regularly.
  • Bottas' "THIS year I'll be better just you wait pt. XXVII" falls flat and Perez nips at his heels all season long.
  • Mercedes finds itself ahead in the points, but not comfortably.
  • With all the key players on one-year contracts, everybody and their mom starts speculating. George Russell checks his phone a LOT.
  • Mercedes grabs #9 and Hamilton grabs #8, but barely. Red Bull goes into development with all the momentum and BDS (big driving energy) for a change. Verstappen re-ups with Red Bull, Mercedes drafts Russell and Generation Next becomes Generation Now.
  • Nikita Mazepin gets eaten by hyenas, the end.

Did he get the vaccine? My sister in law is a nurse and they're seeing huge issues with it.
RIP Murray!

If I remember right, he had a phonecall with Murray, and asked how he was. The answer from Murray: "Well, not very well actually, but I don't want to bore you with that. Tell me what's going on in F1". So I don't think it was entirely unexpected with that in mind.

Alpine, Alpha, Aston. Mercedes is close behind (I just love dark gradients with vibrant accents. And their rims are awesome.
Rest of the field? Williams isn't that bad IMO. It is just extremely uninspired (well, maybe I just don't like to kick dead body at this point). Green on ferrari looks awful, Mclaren is boring, Red Bull... We've seen it already, Alpha Tauri looks unique with simple "retro" stylized livery and Haas... I like it even tho it would be awesome to see German variant for Mick.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back