Alright when was that again.....?

I think initially they were in fact having issues with the new floor design. Their car was the best equipped and relied very heavily on this portion of the car. That being said they have some of the best engineers and staff on the grid. To think they will go into the first race anything but ready would be irresponsible. They have 7 straight constructors / drivers titles for a reason. That being said I am really excited with how the red bull performed. I think if Checo can get up to speed quickly we could be in for a very exciting drivers and constructors battle this year :thumbsup:
Yup I'm definitely excited now too. Red bull have capable drivers and a capable and stable car. Mercedes on the other hand.....

What a sad news this was... Just cannot commentate much about it, because i have a lump in my throat.. Just time to say goodbye, rest in peace absolute legend, in my eyes. Sir... Thank you for everything, so many memories.. Great times.. The joy and exitement what there was and everything.. Farewell Murray Walker..

God bless you Sir and may you RIP. Had the pleasure of meeting Murray at Silverstone in 1992. A wonderful old boy with so many stories to tell and a unique passion for his trade.

It will be critical for red bull to get off to a quick start to the season. If they can manage that I think they can put up a genuine challenge this year. It will also be important for them to have good enough 1 lap pace to clip pole position here and there so they can dictate race pace.

Lewis practically bragged about disliking testing, perhaps encouraging Mercedes to skip a shake-down day, leaving gearbox issues undiscovered and compromising their first day, so little data to feed back soon enough for suitable changes before testing ended.

Where is this thread going?
Weren't lots of folks saying to "keep politics out of sport" when LH started talking about Breonna Taylor?
The reaction to this Russian-themed livery and the team's American beginnings really seem to have struck a nerve for some.
Relax folks!...this is just motorsport and a car livery.
While it is okay to see the irony...don't go making a bigger deal about it than it needs to be.
Mercedes is a German team based in the UK and with a British and Finnish driver.
Nobody is mad about that.
It's like I said earlier, Papa Maezpin made this choice as to how he, as the owner of the team's main sponsor, wanted the car to look. He had the same degree of deliberation in having nothing but the Russian flag on the car as Hamilton did in his choice of wardrobe. Both wanted to be provocative in their actions, with little if any, potential concern about maintaining the neutral atmosphere that is supposed to go with any sport, not just F1. There is no irony here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Maezpin said so openly if he hasn't already. People like Maezpin and Hamilton, in their own vastly different ways, don't believe in neutrality for the most part. You either support them, or you oppose them. The main difference is Maezpin is more apt to allow indifference than Hamilton.

Maezpin loves Russia first and foremost, and hates rules that says Russian athletes can't show it to the same degree as other nations athletes. This car reflects his defiance and pride, as a means to vent his and fellow Russians frustrations with WADA and their ruling. Haas as I said, has little to no choice, except to maybe run a blank car. Which may be what they have to do in the end, be it by choice or by legal decree.

Finally, for the record, I don't think every Russian under the sun is evil, and I don't think the Russians think likewise of every American like me. At least I hope not. We each love our respective homelands that much more, which can lead to such thoughts and feelings like what we see here.

Last edited:
Cmon, you folks are down voting Merc because you want them to lose, not because the car looks bad. I do admit I liked it better last year.

The Mclaren is "grandma getting out of the bath tub " Ugly!!!

BS. Merc's black design looks dated. Petronas blue doesn't even fit the black. Overall looks patchy & ugly.

Alpine is by far the best, despite looking bit like a beer can.

I hope this year a real fight in the championship. The Japanese toro rosso rookie did also a good job. It seems Honda have a good engine fingers cross

Last edited:
We knew Murray Walker here in Germany and Austria, but of course he wasn't our commentator, but every F1 fan knew him

Heinz Prüller is / was our Murray Walker and Marc Surer with Jaques Schulz.
I liked Murray and Hunt very much and will miss Murray now and at 97 he had a long and beautiful life, which many of us will not be able to do.

No, a team that has dominated as much as this is simply either trying a lot of stuff, or sandbagging, they might even struggle in first race, but who would bet against Captain Boredom winning again.

No, a team that has dominated as much as this is simply either trying a lot of stuff, or sandbagging, they might even struggle in first race, but who would bet against Captain Boredom winning again.
or maybe they are genuinely struggling. Spinning and giving up valuable time is really not sandbagging. I think we have a nice season coming up

Alfa Romeo needs to change colors like this IMHO
df9e515s-1920.jpg

Merc might have a problem right now but they'll solve that soon. Perhaps not in Bahrain but one or two races later and then the old order is restored. :D I cannot imagine that a team which has won 8 titles in a row now somehow has unsolvable problems.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.