Multiplayer Race Start Fail

Hi All,

Tried my first multiplayer race in ACC last night - Monza, 10 mins qually, 20 mins race in the 911 II

Anyhow, I have my ignition & starter mapped to buttons on my wheel. I select 'Drive' to get into my car at the first opportunity for the start of the formation run to the start. I seem to have limited control but can't work out exactly what I can and can't do. Am trying to get the car started but can't seem to and then when I get full control I still can't get it started and the whole grid disappears off into the the distance. Finally after about 20s it fires up and off I go but I screw up and get sent to the pits with 30s of locked controls.

Any tips? I know that the ignition switch has an annoying habit of holding state between sessions but if the starter doesn't work initially surely it should be a case of a single switch of the ignition to get it started again? Or am I missing something?

Thanks

I set my Starter on one button, and set Ignition on the same button using ‘extended input’. On the grid, I just hold that button and she fires up fine. I do the same when pitting, just hold the button until the engine cuts/restarts. Kinda counterintuitive I know, but it works.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back