AC Multiclass @ Brands Hatch - Sun 27 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
I forgot there is the F1 Mexico at this time. We have some family over to watch it. So I have to pull out. Have a great race all.

JoelK

Premium
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EVENT START TIME HAS CHANGED TO 20.00GMT.
Remember to check what time is that for you, but for most of EU it's the same as last week:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 387850

• Deleted member 387850

Sorry to say it doesn't look like I'll be able to make this one, so please sign me out. Apologies Joel!

JoelK

Premium
Maybe you already know, but looks like BoP is missing from the race server :)
giphy.gif

Server fixed and restarted, thanks Chris !

Really fun race first time with LMP in a multiclass event. Need to learn how to use hybrid system properly as @JoelK was able to pass me with ease few times on the start line. Base setup uploaded in the thread worked nicely so thanks for that (base setup 2 suited best for me).

I tried to be conservative with my overtakes but few times found my car by the side of GTE in a corner as I misjudged my pace, sorry about those. Hopefully I didn't cause anyone else but my self in the sand with those.

As usual, my VR onboard:

Since it was a small event I tried running with no HUD to make it interesting. It actually turned out to be even more interesting than expected:
  • The most major difference was without Sidekick visible, I didn't feel the pressure to chase laptime as much. This means I was able to do a lot more tyre management which helped me a lot on the softs. In this race, for example, I was able to make the softs last 30+ minutes without really feeling any erratic behaviour, but in Red Bull Ring last week it was a mess after like 25 minutes. Really fascinating how much difference psychologically not having that there can be, even though there's a delta in the car display it didn't have the same effect.
  • Obviously you have to pay a lot more attention to who's coming up. In general in VR I found it was pretty obvious when LMPs were coming up thanks to the rear camera and large mirrors on the 911. If anything I found myself being a lot more aware of where cars are than with Helicorsa. Maybe I'll stop using it, it's mostly a carryover from when I didn't have a VR headset I guess.
  • Not having position, timing, pit, or tyre information about other GTE runners made me really edgy towards the end of the race where I wasn't sure how much I should be pushing. I've never tried it, but I guess I could just use Crew Chief for that.
It was certainly a really intriguing experience. Maybe I'll do that more often.

Last edited:

GEO147

Premium
You were miles ahead Chris. Thats why I gave you a hard time (fairly) when you were lapping me with a couple of mins to go!:cry:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000