AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda @Macau, Wed 24th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yeah it is...But...
I know this is racing,its close racing its great racing....But it also falls under Gentleman Racing which i think is starting to get overlooked latley, and is the core of why we race here..I get we have a fair few fast guys now,its tight its close but that aint no excuse,hope im not been a stick in the mud but it seems to be getting often rather than rare..

In racing, the decision to close a door on someone or to attempt an overtake lies on a fine line. These decisions are not just spur-of-the-moment choices; they stem from a mindset attuned to racing. This mindset, focused on race awareness, guides you in making decisions. However, if your mindset is off, you might make the wrong choice.

Like my experience at my first ever race in Macau. My strategy was to avoid as many accidents as possible and to learn the track during the race, which I find is the fastest way for me to improve. Starting cautiously, I gradually increased my speed. After the beginning of the race, I found myself in fourth place.

A few laps in, two Suzukis and Allan collided ahead of me. I took the opportunity to overtake the Suzukis and found myself right behind Allan on the long straight. As I drafted behind Allan, I began gaining ground. Eventually, I came out of his slipstream and positioned myself next to him as we approached the first corner. But knowing Allan's racing style, I was aware that he wouldn't back down easily. Although I wasn't the fastest in that race, I had a choice: either brake extremely late, risking a crash at the first corner, or accept that I couldn't overtake him and try to follow him for the rest of the lap.

This decision, like many in racing, required not just quick thinking but also a strategic mindset up front. It was about understanding the dynamics of the race, the competitors, and my own capabilities at that moment."

Having said this I cannot believe that all the actions of our fellow races are intentional when having a crash with someone, it's just being over enthousiastic or having a lack of judgement.

Just keep on racing and have fun is the most important part!

Last edited:
But knowing Allan's racing style, I was aware that he wouldn't back down easily.
This is true Andre but how many times have we both raced side by side,sometimes on narrow tracks and not collided, each of us giving space and even the corner,then fighting for it all over again..Its more of the standard of driving im getting at..Over 80% of us aint rookies no more so should,nt we be setting an example??

This is true Andre but how many times have we both raced side by side,sometimes on narrow tracks and not collided, each of us giving space and even the corner,then fighting for it all over again..Its more of the standard of driving im getting at..Over 80% of us aint rookies no more so should,nt we be setting an example??
Yes buddy, I totally agree. I tried to place the decisions made on the track and where it comes from. In our case it's sometimes better to give up a corner and take as much as speed you can through that corner and attack later-on in that lap, or next lap, when you have learned from your opponent where to overtake best.

So yes, we have to give an example. But sometimes we all can do a misjudgement, also depending on a track. But Yes, we should be more carefull sometimes

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.1%