AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda@ Brands Hatch, Wed 3rd January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Global warming may very well be affecting the whole world, but for some strange reason Kent still has a bleeding miserable climate. The winter last now into August, and the summer starts in September and finished late October.
With one proviso, on odd weeks we get nice sunny weather, could be February, could be June, it’s a lottery.
The sole purpose is to give you a glimps of how nice it could be. Only to be followed by weeks of more miserable weather.
Why we left the south of France and returned here will always be an eternal mystery to me.

ECA2CA8F-AE00-4AAC-B369-FA50AB88BBD2.jpeg

I should take the opportunity and remind everybody and his brother that we still have open slots on the roster :cool:.

It´Brands Hatch which everybody knows and loves ( except maybe for a Dutchman on holiday :p) and the Mazda is a friendly car which works well on base setup.

Want it Kindergarteneinfach take the Suzuki and if you always have trouble to get the "big brass ones" into a raceseat/harness try the Abarth, it has scared a lot of good drivers here :cautious:)

So come on, ring the bell and subscribe, äh register :thumbsup:

Thank you everybody for a very nice race, from what I saw and heard it was a "nice brawl under friends" :inlove:

If you want to really laugh your ass off check the replay for my pitstop, this has not been cocked up more sincerely ( well outside the Ferrari F1 team :roflmao:)

And as I managed to force CM to record the replay this time, here it is:

Have a good evening everyone and enjoy your celebratory beverage ;)

One beer 1.PNG

Last edited:
pffeww.. smokin' hot now :cool:

Had fun at Brands Hatch last week. My main foucus was to find a solid pace and then bring it to a safe race. So I did quite a lot of AI-races in AC(make the AC ai aggressive, then it's way more unpredictable and they don't move out of the way too easily) and.. in ACC. Also Brands Hatch, but in BMW M4 GT3. Did like 15 races of 15 minutes, main objective: don't kill anybody and work my way through, but mostly learning closer racing without killing. Looots of fun, upping, my rates in AC a bit :cool: . After that, back to the MX5 in AC which I seemed to be able to control better now, dunno why, but it worked.

Did okay practice and qualy tonight, all about staying on track mostly. First laps in practice with you guys around, again wanted to push too hard. But got myself back to more consistent driving and stayed on the rest of the laps. Was hoping to PB in qualy, but just couldn't get it fast enough.

Race with a safe start, Douglas caught me, barely could fly past the Rico/Ernie dance, and then it was all about settling down. Keeping focus and hit them clean laps. Consistency was quite allright tonight. Many laps chasing Colin and after that many laps keeping Douglas out of my trunk :cool: . Last laps made a few off focus errors, but managed to stay alive this time.

Officially my first race without a spin, so that felt good. Even managed to stay alive under pressure (my main issue). Happy with this!

Congrats to the podium aliens and thanks (C)HA(RSTE)N for keeping us between the lines.

See y'all next week!

Last edited:
One of my favourite tracks but for some reason I was not near my previous pace in the MX5.

Made a clean start and avoided the aftermath of Ernie being punted but lost touch with the top 6 as a result.

Bouke was catching me so I pitted as soon as I could to get clear air.

Mid race I was catching and passing a few people at the back of the pack, including a great battle with Kimi. Very clean racing and eventually he went wide and I managed to get enough of a gap to negate his power advantage on the straights.

Last 15 minutes Bouke emerged from his pitstop 2 seconds ahead of me. For the rest of the race I would catch a little then drop back again and it was around 2 seconds still at the line.

Thanks everyone for a good, clean race.

Thanks for doing "Han" duties, Carsten, and for the replay - for some reason CM didn't have it for me to save.

Really fun race y'all!

At first hated the track as I was understeering into every corner and just barely broke the 42 barrier. With some hours of tweaking the setup - something which I rarely do - and quite a few laps under my belt, it slowly started becoming a track on which I could relax and just drive around while still being relatively fast. That has only happened to me a few hours on some tracks, but not this consistently. Here's hoping I can keep that up.

Still a bit bothered by crashing Ernie. I was sure I gave him enough room, but looking back at the replay it seems I got off the brakes and went wide into the corner.

After waiting for him to get back racing I found myself in second to last place, having to claw my way back up the ladder. Had some fun fights with Paulo and Douglas. The latter proved impossible for me to overtake so I decided to pit and have some space in front of me to make up some of the lost time.

Fought some more, gained a few places here and there until EFFIN' STEVE was in front of me again! Whatever I tried, no matter how many fake moves or pressure I put onto him, he would just not budge. That is, until he went a bit too wide and spun off. If not for that, I'm sure he would've kept the position. Great racing as usual, mate :)

Oh btw, thanks Jason for hanging back and letting us fight. At least, I assume that's what you did. If not, I'm sorry for not giving the position sooner. I just had no idea where to do that without losing too much time. Seeing you don't have a mic on discord, next time you want to signal you want to overtake, you can (aggressively) flash your lights at me. I'll understand. ;)

Thanks all for participating, congrats to the podium and thanks Carsten for the safety instructions! You're really good at that, maybe you should look into doing something like that professionally. :p

Last edited:
No problem with the accident Rico, @zn1zn2c you did me a favor, without that it would have been a dull race for me. And it actually made very little difference to my race.
But I had a lot of fun chasing everyone, at first I was confused??? Was everyone being kind to this old git and giving me an easy pass, was it my magnificent overtaking skills eventually blossoming.???
Then I heard on Discord no one could bear the racket the Suzuki made , so they let me pass just to hold onto their sanity and not being driven crazy with the engine sound.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea