Multi-purpose chair suggestions wanted

I don't currently have space or currently budget for a cockpit. What I'm after is suggestions for multi-use desk chairs suitable for racing, but comfortable enough & adjustable enough to use as an office chair because I do have to work sometimes!. Basic requirements would be arms low enough not to trap elbows when using a wheel, castor brakes, and a tilt lock strong enough to cope with someone slouching ( able to lock a chair back in a racing posture would be a bit more sensible there! ).

Aside from that I don't want any more influence on suggestions, so any will be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

I have been using a basic, reasonably priced office chair from a nationwide provider that works very well. I have never seen a chair with arms low enough that they are out of the way, mine have never bothered me, well it can be awkward when trying to type on the keyboard is in my lap. I can raise or lower and there is a knob that tightens the spring that allows tilt, that works very well. A permanent tilt can be created by shimming the seat mount, a simple job.

I never found castors that could be locked, at least none that I wanted to try to install. My chair sits on a 4ft by 6ft office rug as the floors in my home are hardwood. This is not enough to keep the chair in place. I lock one castor, the front one, in a device made quickly from wood that the castor can slide into from the front, I've never had it come out. The "rails" are screwed into the thin [plywood base from underneath. The bottom has velco "hooks" in several locations to hold it to the rug, it's very secure! the stick out the front was to make it easy to locate a precise distance from the pedals. I have cut it off as I now have a permanent mark on the rug for its location.

This has been in operation for ages now, still working great!
desk chair wheel holder01.JPG

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back