MSI AFTERBURNER with rF2 SEBRING

M D Gourley

Premium
Hello everyone,
First of all, I am not a tech person so the below info is very novice like...lol...but if any tech knowledgeable people read this and give their personal opinion that would be great.
I loaded up MSI Afterburner into rF2 to see how my GPU (GTX 690) and CPU (i7 3770k) was doing crunching some numbers...just as something fun to do and to look at all the pretty numbers...LOL
I used the newly released laser scanned 'Sebring' as frame rates / performance etc of this track and compare it to the 'Virtua LM Sebring' with the same overall rF2 settings (see attached screenshot)
1 MSI AB DATA with rF2 SETTINGS.jpg

I was quite amazed at how much different the 2 tracks utilized my PC hardware and was wondering whether a Graphics Card upgrade would do any good.
The attached screen shots of the MSI Afterburner data is only a snapshot in time at that point as the number fluctuated widly...so not very scientific.
From what I can see the the 'laser Sebring' used 100% GPU1 & 2 of my GTX 690, but only utilizing 40 -60% of the power of the 690 and very little of the CPU and Cores were stressed at all, going as high as 12%...but the RAM usage was very high going up to 10500MB and of course the FPS was about 5-12 (see attached screenshot)
2 MSI AB DATA with rF2 laser SEBRING crop.jpg

The 'Virtua LM Sebring' using the same rF2 graphics settings as above gave a very playable 29-55 FPS and my 690 usage was at 100% on both cores as well as the power output of both cores around 80 -90%. The CPU usage was also up at around 17-30% but the RAM was down at 5929MB. (see attached screenshot)
3 MSI AB DATA with Rf2 vlm SEBRING crop.jpg

...the big question...'Will getting a better graphics card improve the 'Laser SEBRING' performance?
any insight from tech minded people would be great.

UPDATE
I found this You Tube video on...'How to Optimize Nvidia Control Panel for Gaming & Performance, The Ultimate Guide...and what a difference it made as I made approx 10 FPS and the overall visual quality improvement was amazing...maybe check it out as I followed his entire setting in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Just for FYI since our systems are completely different, I get much better performance from the "new" Sebring. The vlm one will pretty much crawl to a halt on occasion where as the laser scanned one just cooks along with out much stuttering. Again our systems are very different and also I use VR pretty much all of the time.

totally forgot where GTX 690 falls in terms of perf... I never tried crossfire or SLI in the past, still afraid to do so, but my single R9-290 runs 170+ FPS on medium~high settings, 1440p... I actually have to cap the FPS to 90 because I get random crashes due to GPU not knowing when to throttle down, resulting to overheating.

What is OP resolution by the way? With that low FPS makes me think he's on triples?

What is OP resolution by the way? With that low FPS makes me think he's on triples?
...and you would be correct:)...and having tasted the Triple Screen resolution and will never go back to a single monitor...lol....so I will have to live with the low FPS and save my money for an upgrade....although most of the Sims I have installed run very well on triples with my older PC specs.

...and you would be correct:)...and having tasted the Triple Screen resolution and will never go back to a single monitor...lol....so I will have to live with the low FPS and save my money for an upgrade....although most of the Sims I have installed run very well on triples with my older PC specs.

is that triple 1080p? 5760x1080? Probably asking too much now with that card.

Can you do 720p? I used to do that when I have triples on the same 290 card. FPS is at the same ballpark since triple 720p is actually smaller than a single 1440p in pixel count. That's if you don't mind having lower, blown up details. But FPS is king IMO. Haven't tried to compare the two Sebring tracks. Never crossed my mind. :D But I think I will try when I get home later after work.

Still playing around with MSI Afterburner OSD...thought I would load up some other Sims and see how they go...again just a noob and not very scientific....I can get very good playable results (I am happy with this) on most Sims with my GTX 690 / i7 3770k / 5760x1080 res...results below.
I did also try 'SimBins 'Race Injection' and Sector 3 Studios 'Raceroom but could not get a screenshot with the MSI AB data for some reason, even though it was displayed while playing them.
Automobilista
2 AUTOMOBILISTA with MSI AB copy.jpg

Dirt Rally
3 DIRT RALLY with MSI AB copy.jpg

SimBin GTR2
4 GTR2 with MSI AB copy.jpg

Project Cars 2
5 pCARS2 with MSI AB copy.jpg

Wreckfest
6 WRECKFEST with MSI AB 2 copy.jpg

Assetto Corsa
1 ASSETTO CORSA with MSI AB copy.jpg