Moved install directory, now won't load VR

tigermilk

75RPM
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
Got a new M.2 SSD as the LONGGGG load times of tracks was driving me nuts. Within Steam I moved the local installation directory to the new drive. VR stopped working. Verified the integrity of the files, no luck. So I decided to remove and reinstall. Worked for a day but now the same thing - the launcher comes up fine, but when I try to start the single player more, the rf2 screen just sits there. Doesn't matter whether I start the game with Steam VR already running or not, same thing. I'm running (or trying to run...) v1112 beta, and have SteamVR 1.5.16. If I run from within Oculus, I get a very pretty photo of a McLaren, and an endless "Loading..." screen.

tigermilk

75RPM
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
Reinstalled and rather than copy my old player.json over, I just edited. Looks like perhaps the issue were pointers to the old drive letter. That is the good news. The bad news - loading is still unbearably slow even with 3500 MB/sec read speeds :(

patchedupdemon

@Simberia
Nov 27, 2017
What do you class as slow, give us a track, no of ai and what cars you are running so we can compare

tigermilk

75RPM
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
As an example, official Sebring track (the pay version), 23 AI cars, all official pay version Porsche GTE class. 1 minute, 56 seconds, using a M.2 SSD. When I had it on a traditional disc, it seemed like 4+ minutes.