Moved install directory, now won't load VR

Got a new M.2 SSD as the LONGGGG load times of tracks was driving me nuts. Within Steam I moved the local installation directory to the new drive. VR stopped working. Verified the integrity of the files, no luck. So I decided to remove and reinstall. Worked for a day but now the same thing - the launcher comes up fine, but when I try to start the single player more, the rf2 screen just sits there. Doesn't matter whether I start the game with Steam VR already running or not, same thing. I'm running (or trying to run...) v1112 beta, and have SteamVR 1.5.16. If I run from within Oculus, I get a very pretty photo of a McLaren, and an endless "Loading..." screen.

Reinstalled and rather than copy my old player.json over, I just edited. Looks like perhaps the issue were pointers to the old drive letter. That is the good news. The bad news - loading is still unbearably slow even with 3500 MB/sec read speeds :(

As an example, official Sebring track (the pay version), 23 AI cars, all official pay version Porsche GTE class. 1 minute, 56 seconds, using a M.2 SSD. When I had it on a traditional disc, it seemed like 4+ minutes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back