Motorsport | Touring Car Driver of the Year: Vote Now

I voted Scotty and I'm a legacy Holden man. I say "legacy" because those cars aren't Commodores, they're Opel's and ugly as sin.

He consistently/easily beat out his Team mate and was pulling crazy hot laps during qualifying that were right on the edge. There's a reason Penske is likely taking him overseas in '21, he's on another level to the rest of the field. Richmond's sports psych deserves some of the credit though, she's matured him as a athlete, he's ice cold behind the wheel now.

I beg to differ...

Yes, Scotty is at a exceptional level, but so was the Mustang under him this year. I believe the car was the main contributing factor to his success.

To be honest, I don't believe any top Supercar drivers should've made the list. If any should've got a mention, I would've thrown in names like Heimgartner and de Pasquale.

Parity issues and the constant changes by officials to get the Commodores to fire killed off any joy this year. That said, none of that blame is to lay at the Mustang teams efforts. Once again, it's officialdom that screwed it up. Better have the parity sorted before they hit Adelaide next year.

I beg to differ...

Yes, Scotty is at a exceptional level, but so was the Mustang under him this year. I believe the car was the main contributing factor to his success.

To be honest, I don't believe any top Supercar drivers should've made the list. If any should've got a mention, I would've thrown in names like Heimgartner and de Pasquale.

Parity issues and the constant changes by officials to get the Commodores to fire killed off any joy this year. That said, none of that blame is to lay at the Mustang teams efforts. Once again, it's officialdom that screwed it up. Better have the parity sorted before they hit Adelaide next year.

I do agree the 'stang has an edge and this year isn't as big as an achievement as '18 was in the Falcon but he's driving it on another level and as a Holden man who's witnessed mostly factory backed Commodore domination more often than not, I personally won't cry foul or put it all down to the car. Again, especially seeing as Scotty's still got a clear edge over the other 'stangs too. He still deserves a nod imo.

Definitely agree on Heimgartner and de Pasquale but with Scotty off abroad in '21, they're time will likely come.

How are Coulthard & Mostert in this list!? The former is hated by many for his Bathurst shenanigans, the latter continuously took out his team mate all season including the disastrous one at Bathurst!

Even McLaughlin had an easy ride with the parity crap we've had to deal with this year, for sure he's a great driver and deserves to be in this list but he was better last season when on more of an even par with the rest...dont tell the Holden fans i said that!

Edit: actually Scottys Bathurst win is under a cloud for the engine change fiasco, worst season for Supercars I've witnessed overall since i started watching religiously in 2005, fingers crossed for better next year.

Mostert is one of the fastest drivers in the championship. Coulthard shouldn't be there based on speed, but he's a nice guy - it obviously wasn't his decision to slow down at Bathurst.

They should replace Coulthard with Heimgartner who is the most improved driver of the year IMO, with Hazelwood not that far behind.

Based on your profile pic I'm guessing you're biased anyway.

On topic I can't understand the love for DTM compared to the other series' here, I want to believe that's because people don't watch the other series', surely no one can think DTM is better than BTCC or Supercars?!

Mostert is one of the fastest drivers in the championship. Coulthard shouldn't be there based on speed, but he's a nice guy - it obviously wasn't his decision to slow down at Bathurst.

They should replace Coulthard with Heimgartner who is the most improved driver of the year IMO, with Hazelwood not that far behind.

Based on your profile pic I'm guessing you're biased anyway

Coulthard knew what he was doing as he slowed before any radio message, he's also nowhere near the pace of Scotty in the same car, merely average.

FYI i took the picture in my profile, no bias at all, just one of my most fave pictures I've taken, nothing more :)

McLaughlin was the best of the Ford runners and the quickest of the rest, so he gets my vote, and I generally follow Triple8! Don't blame Coulthard for the Bathurst fiasco, that was a typical DJR cock up.
And I've followed the ATC since I was a very small boy.........sadly the so-called 'Supercar' series is becoming NASCAR Down Under.
Craig Lowndes should have been listed as even only running as a 'co-driver' he made most of the field look average.
Unfortunately we don't get decent coverage of the BTCC or WTCR except on Foxtel and that's not going to change.
Mate, do what I did, Dump Foxtel and sign up to Kayo $25pm for all the sport ya can watch, and it's recorded so you can view it when it's convenient or watch live, and it's majority Foxtel broadcasts anyway. Best $25 Ive spent in a long time.

Esteban Guerrieri...He deserved to be Champion but got pushed wide into the grass at Sepang Circuit. Exciting race that day at Sepang!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back