Motorcycle Simulators

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by R1Joel, Nov 6, 2018.

1. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    After getting my driving rig setup, and Dad having a go at it, he hasn't stopped talking about a similar setup but for motorcycles.
    I know one would be way harder to setup and way more expensive, but does such a thing exist? What do people use for Motorcycling games?

2. Daniel oliver

Daniel oliver

Ratings:
    +19
    road_rash_i.png

3. RobertR1

RobertR1
    Premium

Ratings:
    +153
    No. You need the g forces and gryo effect to keep you on the bike.

4. callumjtc

callumjtc

Ratings:
    +45
    Technically they do, I have seen a couple with G27 based steering (mounted in the forks) and of course the old Sega arcade games had something approaching a rideable bike sim rig.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beef36

Beef36

Ratings:
    +51

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Manx-Andi

Manx-Andi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    This fella is getting close to an affordable home user set-up - this video may be 2 years old, but, check out his youtube channel - he is still producing them, now on Version 3.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +33
    Lean gp does 1 for 1200 euro looks like a bit of fun for the price

• Like Like x 1
  8. Turvey

Turvey

Ratings:
    +33
  9. R1Joel

R1Joel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    Thanks for the replies everyone. The LeanGP looks great. I'll show him. :)

10. callumjtc

callumjtc

Ratings:
    +45
    After asking and and recieving healthy response, surely you have to build one for us now ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. racingenthusiast

racingenthusiast
    Premium

Ratings:
    +125
    Not enough good bike sim games to waste money on a motorcycle rig even if there where ones. Speaking of bikes I am going to get my riding licence soon. Can not wait!

12. Jeff Huber

Jeff Huber

Ratings:
    +173
    I have been racing MX basically my entire life , and in our life time , I don't think we'll ever see a " real motorcycle sim ".

In our car sims.....we worry about the car behavior , and it doesn't matter what our body does in the car , except to just steer the car. On two wheels......98% of what you do on the track is controlled by your body. You don't just turn the bars and give it gas. I can say with 100% certainty , that MX is the most brutal sport I have ever been involved with.....and that's without going down and breaking something on your body. I've raced going on 35 years now , and have literally broken almost every bone in me , at least once , some more than twice. To actually " simulate " how to ride / race a bike properly? That's above my pay grade , but it would take something not yet invented for gaming yet , and that would be way for it to read what your body is doing , along with using bike controls.

It's one thing that I don't think will ever happen in our life time , because to achieve it....would cost a lot of money. It would be a lot cheaper to just buy a " real " bike and experience it yourself. It's the best feeling in the world , I can tell you that much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.