MGP19 MotoGP 19 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have recently released their latest bike racing game to the world - MotoGP 19.

The official videogame of the 2019 MotoGP racing series, Milestone have recently released the brand new MotoGP videogame to console and PC platforms.

Featuring all the teams, bikes and riders of the 2019 MotoGP season, plus supporting categories Moto2, Moto3, Red Bull MotoGP, Rookies Cup and the interesting looking new MotoE electric bike racing series, the game certainly comes with plenty of content in its release stage.

Alongside the bikes, MotoGP 19 also features no less than 19 circuits on which to race, but perhaps the biggest talking point from the latest inclusion into the franchise is the addition of Neural AI - a brand new way of creating AI in a racing game that Milestone hope will provide a much richer experience for the player when racing against computer controlled opponents.

Based on "machine learning that will identify your actions and react accordingly", Neural AI is a very interesting development for the genre and should be fascinating to see how much of a difference this new technology makes to the offline single player experience within the title.

MotoGP 19 Released.jpg

MotoGP 19 is available now, and retails at approximately £39.99 depending on platform and region.

For more MotoGP 19 news, head over to the MotoGP 19 sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings, connecting with your fellow bike racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I noticed a bug in timed sessions. If you do a guided setup (which costs you time of the session) and there are few minutes left in the session AI will do slow laps. I was in quali, I made a guided setup and after that there were less than 3 minutes. The weird thing is that nobody set a timed lap, when I went out I was lapping in 2.03 (Mugello with Rookies Cup), AI was lapping 2.09. I restarted the session and avoided the guided setup and everything worked fine

on my side I already love the game it is not without default but so much thing changed.
the sensation of speed graphics.
physical level the weight of the motorcycle the false start the heating of the tire the it serves all the tires. the choice of packing at the beginning of the season.
the fault that bothers me for the moment is the gap in couse too important. a patch can adjust its

2FDB899E164A3611C3254CDC015AE31CEDF1EE8D

778339C56E3DB800E82F2DDB81081C39288FA1A4

I tried the demo a few times but I can't control the bike, it moves too much. I saw tutorial videos, but they're using a 125cc bike (I think) and it seems so easy to control. My bike moves a lot
You need to be extra smooth on controls... take time, but you will fell progression if behave as riding a real bike: Start very slow, never accelerating or braking everything and turning slow, with bike banked no more than 30 or 45 degrees... and them, after being comfortable, starting to push a little more until you go fast.

I'm no good at GP Bikes, but I fell my riding progressing more than with Ride 3 (that I'm no good either... just starting with 100% AI right now). But I have just one bike, one track, practice mode and will not buy the game until fully finished.

You need to be extra smooth on controls... take time, but you will fell progression if behave as riding a real bike: Start very slow, never accelerating or braking everything and turning slow, with bike banked no more than 30 or 45 degrees... and them, after being comfortable, starting to push a little more until you go fast.

I'm no good at GP Bikes, but I fell my riding progressing more than with Ride 3 (that I'm no good either... just starting with 100% AI right now). But I have just one bike, one track, practice mode and will not buy the game until fully finished.
I'll keep practising

MotoGP 19 runs sweet and is an improvement over MotoGP 18
The Unity engine has been optimized and the new AI makes solo racing a little bit more interesting.

Compared to MotoGP13-17 the new Unity based games are a lot better, including Ride 3.

Milestone has gone a long way and they are able to produce the quality that a big franchise deserves.

Will MotoGP 19 please everyone, no. It is like the F1 franchise from Codemasters, aimed at casual players, with enough to interest more sim oriented players as well. Will it be a full MotoGP simulation, no - as if you can ever simulate driving a bike with a controller... VR is something else, but please keep in mind that VR on a bike not the same as in a car, so sitting in a static chair with a controller while you simulate going flat through a corner might be more than the average equilibrium / stomach can handle...

If you have MotoGP 18 you might possibly skip it (I think it is worth it, as the bikes have been visually improved as well and are now more at the Ride 3 level). With MotoGP 17 and before it is a lot easier to recommend, although 17 did bring the old engine to its most refined and smoothly running state.

Going Unity was a smart move by Milestone. I haven’t tried MP, but 19 went dedicated servers (iirc Amazon) so that address an old structural Milestone problem as well. To be honest, they used to suck on supporting their products, but the last couple of years they did work hard to improve their products and it shows. Will everyone forgive them for past digressions, no.

But I can easily recommend to give them a second chance if you interested in their Unity based products - Ride 3, MotoGP 18 / 19, MXGP 3 / Pro and MESX / SX2.

Last edited:
I'll keep practising

Depending on what you are looking for you can have a completely different experience.

Go 3rd person, casual driving model with auto shifting for an arcade feel - plenty of racing fun, without the driving challenge.

Or go 1st person helmet view, pro driving model, no driving aids and have a more challenging drive.

You can set the AI to a level that is challenging enough to make you work hard for either driving model but not frustrating - not everyone plays with a 100% or higher AI.

I’d recommend the 1st person pro driving mode, without any driving aids.
Sure it is a little more challenging, but you’ll really master the bikes and tracks that way.

Also, start with a slower class and work up the speed.

Unfortunately Milestone is unable to program good\diverse AI. I know that another company made this NEURAL AI, but some numbers (like "AI race performance") were put by Milestone,and it shows:
in Moto2 always there are 5 fastest guys - Baldassarri, Marquez, Luthi, Scrotter, Lecuona (!). And they always are faster than others. Tyres just do not matter. Only in the beginning of the race, when often, for example, Luthi, making poor start, can drop down to 12th place, but after a few laps he is back in top 5!
Ridiculous, so races are boring, no Gardner or Navarro on the podium. Shame!

Depending on what you are looking for you can have a completely different experience.

Go 3rd person, casual driving model with auto shifting for an arcade feel - plenty of racing fun, without the driving challenge.

Or go 1st person helmet view, pro driving model, no driving aids and have a more challenging drive.

You can set the AI to a level that is challenging enough to make you work hard for either driving model but not frustrating - not everyone plays with a 100% or higher AI.

I’d recommend the 1st person pro driving mode, without any driving aids.
Sure it is a little more challenging, but you’ll really master the bikes and tracks that way.

Also, start with a slower class and work up the speed.
I was referring to GP Bikes, in MotoGP 19 I already play with Pro physics at 105%, but I have racing line on corners because I don't know the tracks:roflmao:

But I will try with helmet cam, I tried once and it was a bit difficult, but with a bit of practice will be the best cam to play, with a VR would be even better:inlove:

I was referring to GP Bikes, in MotoGP 19 I already play with Pro physics at 105%, but I have racing line on corners because I don't know the tracks:roflmao:

But I will try with helmet cam, I tried once and it was a bit difficult, but with a bit of practice will be the best cam to play, with a VR would be even better:inlove:

You are better than me, I am too slow on a good day, but I try to push it with helmet cam and no racing line.

Now that a few days have passed, has anyone seen any AI only accident? I mean an accident not involving the player's actions. Cheers!
At least 3 today. Two in Jerez, first race of the rookies Cup. At the start one of the AI brakes too late and collides with another one, 4 drivers involved. Then with 2 laps to go, I was first with another one behind me, he falls after breaking, like when you release the front brake too late. Actually I crashed too at the same corner. I thought my crash and the AI one were related, but I watched the replay and he started to fall before me and never touches me, I crash a few moments later on my own. Another one at Mugello, I just saw someone in the gravel. But a lot of times I got the "crash" alert during races in my first season

Now began to play MotoGP class, and it seems there is a better AI... at least much more variations, and gaps are almost OK! So I think they tuned AI performances in MotoGP class, but not in Moto2 and Moto3.

Had a quick raz on this yesterday and Moto E bikes are pretty cool have great feeling. Moto GP bikes on the other hand just have no feel from the brakes and dont feel like they want to slow down at all. Other than that game looks brilliant, bike physics feel like they've been tweaked a lot. Sounds are still the usual iffy milestone sounds. But overall a good game that you could quite happily play through.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back