MGP19 MotoGP 19 - First Gameplay Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The long awaited first gameplay footage from MotoGP 19 is here!

Milestone have spent some time in recent weeks extolling the virtues of their upcoming new MotoGP bike racing title, with some bold claims that the game is set to be a significant step forward over previous entries into the franchise - something that will no doubt appeal to fans who have seen the MotoGP series of games steadily improve over the last few years.

Once again set to feature the official licence for the premier MotoGP bike racing class and its support series, but now featuring a raft of additional features and content improvements - not least of which is the much feted Neural AI advancements, we've yet to actually see the new title in action.

The wait is over.

Selecting fan favourite Valentino Rossi at his home round at Mugello, check out the video at the head of this article to see MotoGP 19 gameplay footage for the very first time.

MotoGP 19 is set to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 6th.

For more MotoGP 19 news, head over to the MotoGP 19 sub forum and stay in touch with the latest happenings, connecting with your fellow bike racing fans.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

My first impression of the game was very positive. It's a good step in the correct direction, improving motogp18 in all areas. Played it just some hours and I enjoy the game. Some general aspects and my opinion:
- Sound is very good for all bikes, I really like it
- Physics is different than 2018 with much longer braking distances. IMO front brake could be a little bit harder and in general the bike is very stable at hard braking. I think the rear could be a bit less stable during hard braking and the corner speed is still to high I think. But anyway, it feels and plays good!
- I did a 1:37.2 in Jerez (without 100 laps and setup work), so all in all still too fast
- Currently I am using 115% AI Strength, I think in future that 120% AI could be still to weak and not challenging enough
- Tire wear works also for the AI with nice effects during the race; AI tire wear is noticeable!
- Race with AI feels much more realistic and is much more enjoyable; they react to human bike position
- negative: AI doesnt really use Soft-Soft in Qualy. Some do, most of them not, some even use hard rear tire. Furthermore some minor bugs which should be fixed quite soon

The difference between pole position and 10th or 15th rider by AI i like 2,5 secs and in real life the all make it in 1 - 1,5 secs. The same in the race, the leader goes away, 2nd is +3 secs, 3rd is + 7 secs. No close racing, shame. Needs a patch.

Thinking of picking it up.

So AI is not good?

Heard a lot about use of neural networks to develop the AI.

Guess it didn't pan out how they said it would?
On the contrary, I'm actually really enjoying it!
I was on Jake Dixons Moto2 bike at Qatar:
The bike is rated at 75% and just doesn't have the top end!
So to compensate I was trying to get the power down early out of the corners...SHREDDING my rear tyre.
The AI is really good, leave a gap and they'll try and dive inside you. No crashing, just sensible racing.

The worst thing I've found so far is the qualifying times the AI set don't match the actual race.
In every race I've done there is always a breakaway, miles ahead.
Hopefully these things will be patched.

The AI is still boring, unbalanced and not fun. One or 2 just break miiiiiles away and the others are like 26 seconds behind. It took me 3-4 red bull Rookie races to get the difficulty to the max, and it's still too easy. The physics are better but worse at the same time. IF you wanna stop for the corner you have to break completely straight and hope you got enough distance to do one move only and take the corner as if on rails. The bike is like a car when braking, not shaky and groovy at all. You can not trail brake AT ALL with the new physics, even a slight bit of brake on the corners and you under steer to god, by doing that stupid wiggle thing and you slowly drift out wide. This is not realistic. With all the other MotoGP games since forever my style was to trail break until the middle of the corner as far as i could then pick up the gas and go. Now i have to adapt to ride the bike like a car. It makes the bikes feel too stiff and honestly boring. You can't be aggressive anymore, you can't overtake on the corners and you can't be as fast as you could with previous games. If you want realistic lap times, make the tracks larger and longer, don't slow down the physics! Pit entry is stupid, if you go 10-20 k's faster than the allowed speed you get respawned and teleported a few meters back where the pc takes the wheel instead of taking a penaly. Damage? Oh what's this?? We don't have it in this game! It was bad back in the old games but now we do not include it at all! In General i wanted to make a rant video about this game on my channel but then i think f*ck it, not a lot will see it and it's not even worth it. Milestone either needs to get away from games for a few years and realize their potential or give the license to another company.

I had my first full race weekend in motogp19: Quartararo in Mugello, 108% AI, no assists whatsoever.
I enjoyed it more than I ever had with any previous Milestone's game. The laptimes are finally realistic (I managed a 1:47.3 as my personal best in Q2, in P4. Dovi on pole clocked a 1:46.8). The tyre temperatures and wear are a very very nice touch to the race strategy and behave reasonably with different electronic settings and riding styles. I spent almost all the FP sessions looking for the best use of my tyres: I ended up with M at the front and S at the rear.
The AI is fun to race with, as it dives into the inside and hold the line fairly. They're just a bit slow on the exit so it was easy for me to overtake on power, especially at the exit of Biondetti-2 and Buccine.
The biggest issue I had was the laptimes, as usual. Fastest race lap was an astonishing 46.2 (6 tenths faster than pole), while my best lap was a (not bad) 48.1, 8 tenths slower than my best qualy lap. But the worst part is that the top 3/4 riders fly into the distance, and every other rider race basically race alone with 5+ of gap between everyone. I was in no man's land, had a couple of nice battles against Jorge and Maverick, but that's it: I ended in P9 at 30s from the leader. Iannone dead last almost lapped.
Is that realistic? It's not.
Even Moto3 races unfolded in the same manner: no packed groups and absolutely no action whatsoever. I'm disappointed.
Even this year Milestone drop an absolute masterpiece and then they ruined it with bugs.

The AI is still boring, unbalanced and not fun. One or 2 just break miiiiiles away and the others are like 26 seconds behind. It took me 3-4 red bull Rookie races to get the difficulty to the max, and it's still too easy. The physics are better but worse at the same time. IF you wanna stop for the corner you have to break completely straight and hope you got enough distance to do one move only and take the corner as if on rails. The bike is like a car when braking, not shaky and groovy at all. You can not trail brake AT ALL with the new physics, even a slight bit of brake on the corners and you under steer to god, by doing that stupid wiggle thing and you slowly drift out wide. This is not realistic. With all the other MotoGP games since forever my style was to trail break until the middle of the corner as far as i could then pick up the gas and go. Now i have to adapt to ride the bike like a car. It makes the bikes feel too stiff and honestly boring. You can't be aggressive anymore, you can't overtake on the corners and you can't be as fast as you could with previous games. If you want realistic lap times, make the tracks larger and longer, don't slow down the physics! Pit entry is stupid, if you go 10-20 k's faster than the allowed speed you get respawned and teleported a few meters back where the pc takes the wheel instead of taking a penaly. Damage? Oh what's this?? We don't have it in this game! It was bad back in the old games but now we do not include it at all! In General i wanted to make a rant video about this game on my channel but then i think f*ck it, not a lot will see it and it's not even worth it. Milestone either needs to get away from games for a few years and realize their potential or give the license to another company.

I agree with you. I disliked it from the very 1st corner..

On the front end (corner entry) this game for me is a huge let-down. For the reasons you have outlined. It's disappointing on the throttle for me also.

It does not feel and behave like a motorcycle. For me at least.

Everyone will have their opinion but for me this game, as it has been coded (i.e. the bike handling and physics) is a massive "miss".

I am pinning my hopes for the future on Bike Sim Experience. I will continue to enjoy Diego's and Giovane's physics mods on motogp 17 and RIDE 2 whilst I wait.. ;)

I agree with you. I disliked it from the very 1st corner..

On the front end (corner entry) this game for me is a huge let-down. For the reasons you have outlined. It's disappointing on the throttle for me also.

It does not feel and behave like a motorcycle. For me at least.

Everyone will have their opinion but for me this game, as it has been coded (i.e. the bike handling and physics) is a massive "miss".

I am pinning my hopes for the future on Bike Sim Experience. I will continue to enjoy Diego's and Giovane's physics mods on motogp 17 and RIDE 2 whilst I wait.. ;)
Couldn't agree more. It's time for me to go back to these two games, as the new MotoGP is not enough to fill my racing needs. It's the weakest game to date. And they go further and further below with every game... Disappointing.

Andy will jump on me for this I am sure..

What has improved this game for me was sticking it on a steering wheel using x360ce..

I now have some decent "turn-in" and I can hold a line on corner entry.

If you have a steering wheel you can plug in CrashBandicoot it might at be least worth your while to try it?

It's almost like they haven't coded the steering input(s) properly on a gamepad..and it understeers. It's pretty horrible..

Only just (in desperation) tried this. But it has given me some much needed "flow" back into the proceedings in running some laps and Quick Races.

Sacrilege I know but it wasn't doing much for me with an xbox 360 gamepad.

Andy will jump on me for this I am sure..

What has improved this game for me was sticking it on a steering wheel using x360ce..

I now have some decent "turn-in" and I can hold a line on corner entry.

If you have a steering wheel you can plug in CrashBandicoot it might at be least worth your while to try it?

It's almost like they haven't coded the steering input(s) properly on a gamepad..and it understeers. It's pretty horrible..

Only just (in desperation) tried this. But it has given me some much needed "flow" back into the proceedings in running some laps and Quick Races.

Sacrilege I know but it wasn't doing much for me with an xbox 360 gamepad.
Well sadly i do not own a racing wheel because i don't have any money. I want one since forever, but i need to find a job now that i am finished with my military training. But even if i had a wheel, i'm sorry but i can't imagine myself turning a wheel for a first or third person motorcycling game. It sounds sooo odd to me. My problem is not turning in and keeping the line, my problem is the massive understeer when you break even slightly when cornering, (which is totally realistic and everyone does it) and the understreer when i open the throttle because the game just picks your bike up. Without you wanting it. Like what the hell?? Go ride a gp bike now and lean, then on the corner open the throttle. You will end up in the gravel. It's stupid. I never thought i'd say it but GP 18 is wayy better than this "cars" game. Cause that's what it feels like. The breaking was better, the turning was better, you felt the vibrations of the bike on the road and the revs would climb up and down, and you COULD trailbrake as real riders do. This game is not only a step down, but a whole staircase.

Well sadly i do not own a racing wheel because i don't have any money. I want one since forever, but i need to find a job now that i am finished with my military training. But even if i had a wheel, i'm sorry but i can't imagine myself turning a wheel for a first or third person motorcycling game. It sounds sooo odd to me. My problem is not turning in and keeping the line, my problem is the massive understeer when you break even slightly when cornering, (which is totally realistic and everyone does it) and the understreer when i open the throttle because the game just picks your bike up. Without you wanting it. Like what the hell?? Go ride a gp bike now and lean, then on the corner open the throttle. You will end up in the gravel. It's stupid. I never thought i'd say it but GP 18 is wayy better than this "cars" game. Cause that's what it feels like. The breaking was better, the turning was better, you felt the vibrations of the bike on the road and the revs would climb up and down, and you COULD trailbrake as real riders do. This game is not only a step down, but a whole staircase.

Yep I completely agree. You shouldn't have to resort to using a steering wheel to make this game work.

I think that Milestone may have messed up their controller input settings for gamepad(s). It only has to be slightly out to cause a variety of (associated and "linked") problems in the way the bikes feel and handle.

If they have messed up. There's no excuse. The physics should work nicely on a gamepad. From my experience, comparing the two, at a subtle but important level they don't..

And the "Real Challenge Physics mod" (and Giovane's physics mods also) on motogp 17 and RIDE 2 work perfectly on a gamepad with at the same time more advanced and challenging physics to contend with..

So if I'm right in what I am feeling in the game this still goes back to Milestone doesn't it?

I enjoyed it more than I ever had with any previous Milestone's game.
I'm disappointed.
:confused:
What a heck ?
Can't you decide ?
Is this the best review you can offer ? :unsure:

edit:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/984780/MotoGP19/
All Reviews:
Very Positive (52)
Release Date:
6 Jun, 2019
84% of the 52 user review of this game are positive.

Enough for me. Buying it.
Some people will always bitchin, you just can't please all their "I wanna feel I'm driving a real bike cause I can't afford one/simulation" expectations eh...

Last edited:
:confused:
What a heck ?
Can't you decide ?
Is this the best review you can offer ? :unsure:

edit:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/984780/MotoGP19/
All Reviews:
Very Positive (52)
Release Date:
6 Jun, 2019
84% of the 52 user review of this game are positive.

Enough for me. Buying it.
Some people will always bitchin, you just can't please all their "I wanna feel I'm driving a real bike cause I can't afford one/simulation" expectations eh...
I feel sorry for you before you play it then.

To play devil's advocate Isn't that the whole point though? Any m/c racing game that is worth its salt should behave and "feel" as though you are aboard a motorcycle?

It's not bitchin'.. It's critical review.

Now whilst I doubt that anyone's critical review will have much if any effect on Milestone surely it is only natural for us to provide our opinion and feelings on the game?

Or am I missing something?

I always play these games using a steering wheel, just limit the rotation so you can only tilt the wheel and is quite intuitive.
I'm not of the controller generation, I just can't use one.

I still regularly play GP500 (Melbourne House) and SBK 2000 and SBK 2001 on a steering wheel.

For me it is more accurate that way..

I think of the wheel as a "leaning device". Which it what it becomes on a bike game.
Pity about the foot controls but I can live with that..

I raced 5 years online with a gamepad. I cannot do this any more because I suffered a permanent nerve injury to my right hand from a real life accident. So thank goodness, for me at least, that it is possible to use a steering wheel and pedals in these games.. Otherwise I would be "snookered". I can only manage about 5 laps these days with a gamepad..then my hand goes to sleep.

girlracerTracey

Could you possibly point me in the direction where I can find tutorial on how to get my G27 working with this game? Thanks!

This is what I originally used as a guide. Courtesy of a kind man on these forums who produced this video guide for everyone.

Once you get used to it it's really easy to do this for any new game that comes along..

Works a treat. Don't forget to play with and adjust the anti-deadzone under x360ce to dial your wheel in properly and also set it to 100 degrees rotation if you are able to under your wheel's software utility via windows controller settings. I have a wheel that only goes down to 140 degrees rotation but it still works fine for me at that.

p.s. run both x360ce and Xoutput in administrator mode to avoid problems.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea