MGP18 MotoGP 18 Confirmed for June Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone Games have confirmed the next MotoGP title will release on the 7th June - promising a "complete reboot of the series".

Utilising the increasingly popular and somewhat spectacular Unreal 4 engine, MotoGP 18 is set to become the most ambitious and impressive official MotoGP racing game to date when it launches on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC later this year.

Using the powerful Unreal Engine 4 for the very first time, MotoGP 18 will also benefit from laserscanned circuits and looks set to be "re-designed and rebuilt up from the very basics", marking a very serious statement of intent from the development team behind this long running officially licenced franchise of bike racing games.

According to Lead Designer, Matteo Pezzotti, the upcoming new title has received plenty of love and attention over the last few months as Milestone look to break new ground with MotoGP 18:

“It will simply be the greatest and purest MotoGP™ experience for all the fans. This title marks the arrival of the series on the Unreal Engine, a leap forward in terms of technological innovation, ensuring enhancements in the visual quality, realistic and impressive lighting effects and completely reworked physics: the game faithfully reproduces all the distinctive behavior of the bikes, thereby reducing the gap between fiction and reality, while making it accessible also to casual gamers through the introduction of interactive riding aids and tutorials. More details about the technological features will be unveiled soon, but with all these new advancements our goal is to offer our fans the most realistic and immersive MotoGP™ experience.”
Initially releasing on PC, Xbox and PlayStation this June 7th, MotoGP 18 will also arrive on the Nintendo Switch platform at a as yet unspecified date later in the year, making the most of the flexibility of the Unreal 4 engine and cross platform development experience acquired during the design and build phase of the recent Supercross: The Game title.

MotoGP 18 Game Modes

Career

Start as a rookie and climb up the ladder from Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup to MotoGP™.

Single Race
Immerse yourself in a real MotoGP™ race within seconds.

Championship
Create your own competition. Choose your favorite category, rider, tracks, number of races and laps.

Time Attack
Learn each track like the back of your hand and compete against yourself to beat your best time. Download other players ghosts see if you can beat them.

Tutorial
Learn every techniques, from the very basics to the most advanced, and reach the top spot of the podium.

MotoGP 18 Multiplayer Modes

Championship

Make your own championship with your own rules, and challenge other players.

Single Race
Who’s best? Challenge others in a quick race.

MotoGP™ eSport Championship
More info coming soon.

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Do you think this new title could be a step up in quality over previous MotoGP licenced games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Giovanniveterano was worried about AI in Milestone games... hm, maybe it is time to worry - watching today's race it seemed that Milestone's AI spirit came into M.Marquez in Argentina... maybe he played too much MotoGP17 during offseason?

Giovanniveterano was worried about AI in Milestone games... hm, maybe it is time to worry - watching today's race it seemed that Milestone's AI spirit came into M.Marquez in Argentina... maybe he played too much MotoGP17 during offseason?
I have raced online many times in my life (mainly with 4 wheels on rFactor). Nasty things may happen online, but I think Marquez today topped the worst online races.
Probably they should force him to play with ghost collisions..

I'm very excited about the newly announced game, especially the new graphics and physics, which will be redesigned from scratch as announced.

I wonder if the graphics will actually make a big leap or will the level of Gravel or Monster Energy Supercross be expected?

And what about physics...what can we really expect?

What do you think?

They're leaning towards simulation with MXGP Pro, it would be nice if GP18 was closer to real life, less arcade at least. Full simulation isn't possible, but a realistic yet enjoyable game would be welcomed

Curious to see some gameplay footage. I hope they get the kerbs right, since when they make new tracks they don't modify the 3D models afterwards (They've been using the same tracks made in 2012 for MotoGP 13 for years!)

Too realistic would be frustrating in my opinion. They should implement an arcade style for casual players and an advanced sim-oriented mode for hardcore fans.
Graphics seem okay and sound cannot be worse than 17, which was really good. The only worries come from physics and AI, which I fear is going to be slow

Too realistic would be frustrating in my opinion. They should implement an arcade style for casual players and an advanced sim-oriented mode for hardcore fans.
Graphics seem okay and sound cannot be worse than 17, which was really good. The only worries come from physics and AI, which I fear is going to be slow
are you sure about graphics are ok? alls the screenshots on official site are 50 per cent fake and they also written "actual in game work in progress" are they kidding?? the bikes 3D models are of motogp 2017 i'm sure of that also the riders, maybe the tracks? and how is the referred opinion? the level of detail?, so you are sure that this kind of developers are enough experienced to do a better level of phisics for the new game? mmmmmhh
i'm would be more believer if you and biker would be in the developer team cause only in that case the game probably became more interesting, why? cause the passion that have you and biker is mutch more of the entire milestone developer team. the game is about one and half month to release date and we have see only some kind of sceenshot and a trailer of real motogp scenes mostly so it's the same media way to do every year,and every year we survive the game after release with the modders passion

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.8%