MGP18 MotoGP 18 Confirmed for June Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
MotoGP 18 1.jpg MotoGP 18 2.jpg MotoGP 18 3.jpg MotoGP 18 4.jpg MotoGP 18 5.jpg MotoGP 18 6.jpg
Milestone Games have confirmed the next MotoGP title will release on the 7th June - promising a "complete reboot of the series".

Utilising the increasingly popular and somewhat spectacular Unreal 4 engine, MotoGP 18 is set to become the most ambitious and impressive official MotoGP racing game to date when it launches on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC later this year.

Using the powerful Unreal Engine 4 for the very first time, MotoGP 18 will also benefit from laserscanned circuits and looks set to be "re-designed and rebuilt up from the very basics", marking a very serious statement of intent from the development team behind this long running officially licenced franchise of bike racing games.

According to Lead Designer, Matteo Pezzotti, the upcoming new title has received plenty of love and attention over the last few months as Milestone look to break new ground with MotoGP 18:

“It will simply be the greatest and purest MotoGP™ experience for all the fans. This title marks the arrival of the series on the Unreal Engine, a leap forward in terms of technological innovation, ensuring enhancements in the visual quality, realistic and impressive lighting effects and completely reworked physics: the game faithfully reproduces all the distinctive behavior of the bikes, thereby reducing the gap between fiction and reality, while making it accessible also to casual gamers through the introduction of interactive riding aids and tutorials. More details about the technological features will be unveiled soon, but with all these new advancements our goal is to offer our fans the most realistic and immersive MotoGP™ experience.”
Initially releasing on PC, Xbox and PlayStation this June 7th, MotoGP 18 will also arrive on the Nintendo Switch platform at a as yet unspecified date later in the year, making the most of the flexibility of the Unreal 4 engine and cross platform development experience acquired during the design and build phase of the recent Supercross: The Game title.

MotoGP 18 Game Modes

Career

Start as a rookie and climb up the ladder from Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup to MotoGP™.

Single Race
Immerse yourself in a real MotoGP™ race within seconds.

Championship
Create your own competition. Choose your favorite category, rider, tracks, number of races and laps.

Time Attack
Learn each track like the back of your hand and compete against yourself to beat your best time. Download other players ghosts see if you can beat them.

Tutorial
Learn every techniques, from the very basics to the most advanced, and reach the top spot of the podium.

MotoGP 18 Multiplayer Modes

Championship

Make your own championship with your own rules, and challenge other players.

Single Race
Who’s best? Challenge others in a quick race.

MotoGP™ eSport Championship
More info coming soon.

MotoGP 18 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this June 7th, with Nintendo Switch release to follow later in the year.

Check out the MotoGP 18 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the official videogame of the MotoGP bike racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to MotoGP 18? Do you think this new title could be a step up in quality over previous MotoGP licenced games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Everyone is talking about all those small details I do not care too much, but... no one ever has written than Jerez in MotoGP 17, and earlier, has sun in the wrong direction! That's much more important than some other aspects.

Saw a gameplay in their FB page today... Same thing with new graphics IMO... :unsure:
If you mean the game, possible, if you mean the physics, nah. It must be different, cause it's based on UE4 physics system. I'm not saying it will be better, just different.
Is it me or it feels like MotoGP 10/11 by Monumental? The way it plays. That game was rubbish though

Pros:

-Stunning track (I hope they're all that good)
-Great sense of speed
- Nice to see how the rear suspension absorbs bumps
- Smoother rider animations
- TV style hud with classification as well

Cons:
- Riders and bikes aren't leaning enough. Maybe AI is on easy level, but the player is leaning as if they were on wet conditions. WTF?
- Not really a con, for now, but we can't tell whether AI is decent
- Marquez is doing a weird line at turns 5-6, very wide.
- No more throttle/brake info on the HUD. Why??
- Also the outer knee is too much "out" when rider leans, I think it should be closer to the bike

Saw a gameplay in their FB page today... Same thing with new graphics IMO... :unsure:
i see it now and what i can say? it's so strange to wiew that i can speak a lot
riders are strange not well proportioned on bikes physics feel more reactive the bike move more on bumps but animations of riders are strange the tracks are really different misano now seems better

jonix about speedometer have you noticed that now we have a new option on it with TCS we have EB engine breaking? not understand yet but noticed also that maybe you have more pages on speedometer under the bike icon is 3 more icon to turn

Only by the video, the physics feels like the same thing to me...

I know it's a different engine, but if you work tryin to make the same feel, to me it's the same physics... I doesn't feel it like you're in a bike sensing all the concerns to not fall... I saw the same old thing we try to fix with physics mods: be difficult to change directions in high speeds, instability while changing directions too fast, instability in high lean angles and so on... And they're good at certain point until MGP15... Since VR46 you can ride any bike without fear...

Oh, graphics are great... But if we don't have a PRO setting with this kind of "real-like" behaviors it's just another arcadish title with new graphics, skins, models & etc...

At the start, MV25 touches VR46 rear wheel, clearly... So the AI stills hasn't no "danger-alert" to ours movements...

But it's a W.I.P. by now, so let's give them time...

I saw the gameplay.
The swingarm reacts very good to the tarmac bumps, I wonder if the tyre model simulates chatter and proper slip angles.
The way the bike tilts is still strange, like the pivot is in the center of mass of the bike rather than on the contact point of the front wheel.
Riders lean angles are still too far from reality (the head should be closer to the fist).
AI looks the same.
Misano looks good, as the bike models.

I'm still waiting...

It's difficult to explain what's wrong with the change of direction.. the bike is tilting in a constant speed. In real life the front tyre makes the bike more reactive at greater lean angles and less reactive when the bike is upright.
So the tilting should go like: full lean, snappy fast up, keep tilting slower and snappy fast down on the other side!

Last edited:
It's difficult to explain what's wrong with the change of direction.. the bike is tilting as a constant speed. In real life the front tyre makes the bike more reactive at greater lean angles and less reactive when the bike is upright.
So the tilting should go like: full lean, snappy fast up, keep tilting slower and snappy fast down on the other side!
Yeah that is very true and would improve the gameplay. Other than that, it doesn't look too far from the other riders you see onboard (apart from the low lean angles).
Also hopefully at higher simulation levels the rear is "more alive".

I was thinking that we could edit the rider animations, I don't know whether we will be able to fix the bike lean (which is not so bad).

A lot of people say the game is still WIP but I assure you the game is pretty much done, they will fix something after release.

A lot of people say the game is still WIP but I assure you the game is pretty much done, they will fix something after release.

that's for sure jonix years ago i have had phisical copy in hands of many games til 14 days before release, thanks to a friend of mine involved in distributions,for example motogp15 i had in hands 10 days before but cannot istall due the steam version of game and i must wait the same day of release

I rewatched the video and maybe the game feel different because of the camera.

fetch

GP13-17: 3rd view camera is linked on the red axis the contact patch with the asphalt
GP18: 3rd view camera is linked on the red axis to the center of mass of the bike (Like GP08)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 97 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.7%