Motion system with 10000$ budget

I have a rig with a tactile system built which i feel pretty good but from what i have read in this forum i with all probabity have no idea what i really good tactil system feels like.

Besides improving it which i think should be the first thing before going for a motion system i am thinking and thinking (or dreaming and dreaming) about what a motion route go for.

I like actuators because of the heave, and pitch to surf the road, but i see people with actuators and still using a seat mover to kind of feel de G-forces (even not sustained).So i am wandering which combination would work best for me:

1-Actuators+Seat mover (No traction loss, i am not building a >4 actuators setup in my room)
2-Actuators with G-seat (Simulated traction loss, and i wander if a g-seat fully replace seat mover)
3-Next limit Traction loss + Seat mover/Gseat (Missing the heave and pitch, but really would like to know how that nexlimit traction loss platform feels,if someone have it and can tell)

Or any other combination you find the best for you,i am just pointing these 3 out.

A G-Belt could fit on any i guess.

If you had around 10000$ what motion system would you build?(Not including pedals/wheel,shifter).

Last edited:
Here are my 2 cents as long term Fanatec user (don't get me wrong, would switch just to try something else, but have tons of custom wheels which will be nightmare to rework).

It is very easy to connect aftermarket H-pattern and Sequential shifters to the Fana whellbase - console support.

Never tried as my handbrake is loadcell, but Fanatec one being simple pot it should be quite easy to add DIY one as well.
It is very easily to make custom wheels based on Arduino and make your own.

Fanatec ship to EU from Germany. I am from Bulgaria, had issues requiring warranty - very satisfied with the customer support. Sent all gear back to them, then received exchange. Did this multiple times, mainly with low tier component (CSL hub, the first version, WRC wheel, P1 wheel bought second hand - I had the documents so they exchanged even that for me). The bad reports you see on Facebook I am sure every manufacturer has. Seen on comments below such posts - look like there are more satisfied customers like me, who just don't whine on the online forums :)

Logitech was leader before when there was no competition. I wouldn't want to get stuck in their ecosystem as it does not give enough options for future upgrades.
On the other hand you can use Drivehub with PS5, which opens up your options quite a lot...
As for the ne CS DD+ - it looks quite good with 15Nm and this price, it is tempting definitely especially when in future you can extend with high tied components from other manufacturers. Only issue is that you need to use their pedals. They are not bad, had V3 inverted, but moved to something much better and they still do not make high end pedals. What bothers me is that it is a brand new model and still has not proven itself, could be some hidden design issues/weak spots, like for example the CSL DD showed.

As for the tactile - @Mr Latte covered that in detail. Also the Formula wheel has rumble motors inside it, which are actually nice, but not sure all PS games support them (same goes for the built in rumble on the V3 pedals). Frankly I would personally look away from Logitech on the whole and would consider Drivehub as it gives much wider hardware support (never had one myself though, not a console user)
Didnt know about the f1 wheel inner motors :) .More tactile options are always welcome!.

For me it is important to have ps5 covered. I only play iracing on PC, but the more fun I've had with racing games ever has been with PSVR and PS4, so i do not want to miss any good game that comes out for console like GT7. That reduces a lot the brands i can look out to upgrade my gear.

Also, I do not feel like messing around with Drivehub so I guess I am sold to Fanatec.

Upvote 0
Ive had to dismantle a rig build I worked on/off with for over 2 years that was focused on my own persuit with tactile possibilities. It took me ages to get around to start taking it all down and found it hard to get motivated to do. While much was accomplished with that build and things I tried with tactile, well I'm not done with tactile....

I wanted to achieve even more with tactile and improve certain aspects that didnt work out as well as planned but based on testing and what was learned. So a new build was needed and its not fully decided yet how some parts of it will be.

Still want to combine some new things, and among these several ideas I've considered but not quite seen done yet for a sim rig cockpit. Also just have a desire to build something unique.

One of the upgrades with this new configuration will be that the isolation/base section it uses will be compatible with a motion setup. I've looked at the Cubic QS-210 motion configuration that is also GT7 compatible with an idea if in the next 1-2 years I want to add motion then it will be possible.

Good tactile with a seat harness perhaps may suffice but the build itself is kind of a slow paced hobby...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive had to dismantle a rig build I worked on/off with for over 2 years that was focused on my own persuit with tactile possibilities. It took me ages to get around to start taking it all down and found it hard to get motivated to do. While much was accomplished with that build and things I tried with tactile, well I'm not done with tactile....

I wanted to achieve even more with tactile and improve certain aspects that didnt work out as well as planned but based on testing and what was learned. So a new build was needed and its not fully decided yet how some parts of it will be.

Still want to combine some new things, and among these several ideas I've considered but not quite seen done yet for a sim rig cockpit. Also just have a desire to build something unique.

One of the upgrades with this new configuration will be that the isolation/base section it uses will be compatible with a motion setup. I've looked at the Cubic QS-210 motion configuration that is also GT7 compatible with an idea if in the next 1-2 years I want to add motion then it will be possible.

Good tactile with a seat harness perhaps may suffice but the build itself is kind of a slow paced hobby...
Sorry to hear that, but it's encouraging to know you're using all your knowledge to build a new system from scratch. I'm looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back