Motec display not working only the rpm bar

r10 cockpit.jpg

hello, after years i installed SCC again but for some unknow reason
it shows (number 2) a part of the race suit in the rear view mirror

and (number 1) the display is gone
yes i know number 2 button to disable or enable motec.. but thats not it.
the only thing somewhat working on the steering wheel is the rpm bar.

both things i did not have before

do anybody know how too fix it?
or what file to look?

M key deactivate/activate motec car lcd (I disabled this key in PLAYER.PLR for HQ Anniversary patch)

Install either my sparco gloves/suits or BaryCZ alpinestar gloves/suits updated by Scorpyo and you won't see your driver in mirror...if mod uses standard GTR2 driver of course

Last edited:
M key deactivate/activate motec car lcd (I disabled this key in PLAYER.PLR for HQ Anniversary patch)

Install either my sparco gloves/suits or BaryCZ alpinestar gloves/suits updated by Scorpyo and you won't see your driver in mirror...if mod uses standard GTR2 driver of course

Well i could try that..
Yes it was a fresh install but every vanilla car and tracks removed.

i tryed both but both are not working..
so thats not it.

i think the display is being moved to the left. so its out side the box.
and for the suit thing well its this mod i think. (grid one i think...) i tryed a other r10 from jpbs mod
well the suit is gone in the mirror with the jpbs one but also the display is gone.

so it seems gtr2 dont like my resolution of 1920x1080 for some reason
<i dont use a nvidia card but a amd one 570 8gb one>

Is it well the SCC mod you're showing in the picture ? .... as I have it installed in one install I might check if it is the same problem.

Which car or cars are showing this Motec display problem ?

Last edited:
I don't think your screen resolution is the point but just another mod made quickly to say "here is wec" without long term support and few or no patch/fix/update : there are tons of mods like that for gtr2 on internet. My advice is to focus on mods with support : look at the thread, number of pages, the answers of modder, the number of fixes, etc... An archive with v1.0 is rarely good ...and it is worse when there is no version number neither readme :D

Is it well the SCC mod you're showing in the picture ? .... as I have it installed in one install I might check if it is the same problem.

I got it with grid or scc mod and jpbs mod as well. All of the displays are gone..

I did not have this before with all of these mods

I don't think your screen resolution is the point but just another mod made quickly to say "here is wec" without long term support and few or no patch/fix/update : there are tons of mods like that for gtr2 on internet. My advice is to focus on mods with support : look at the thread, number of pages, the answers of modder, the number of fixes, etc... An archive with v1.0 is rarely good ...and it is worse when there is no version number neither readme :D
Strangly its with mods that i did not have this problem before.

And if i remember it correctly with the audu r10 the motec bar did only go the orange not to the red now it go's to the red (this was done because the ai did not reach full speed on tracks like le mans) but the gear numbers or speedo etc are gone

So it apears that the motec is switched more to the left thats why probably the rpm bar is still visible but the numbers are not

Last edited:

Audi r10.

I have 3 versions of it..
Grid scc and jpbs mod.

I cant remember if its the grid or scc one thats in the picture.

But with the jpbs i got the same issue with the motec.

No problem at my side for SCC Audi R10 ..... ( even though I also have the Enduracers ) .....
The issue is then somewhere else as it seems many cars have this problems in his install.....

He contacted me in private .... and we'll see where the problem might be ( even though I suspect a modified file and even possible that it might be an original GTR2 file if he doesn't use JSGME or such for mods install...... or maybe simply a partial wrong install )

What seems to miss are letters and numbers as the bar is still working... if one file is missing or wrong for cockpit gauges or motec display this might also be the reason why it doesn't work.

One possible easy correction if you disabled something you're not aware of !

In game, in the Options/Advanced .... there's a setting " MoTeC ADL visible" ( that's in french anyway ) but you find it just under the setting for hiding the driving wheel.

Have a look to see if this setting is well checked ! .... in the case that it's not .... the motec is of course not working.

In game, in the Options/Advanced .... there's a setting " MoTeC ADL visible" ( that's in french anyway ) but you find it just under the setting for hiding the driving wheel.

Have a look to see if this setting is well checked ! .... in the case that it's not .... the motec is of course not working.

Motec is enabled i even record it and look it up with motec software.
That is working correctly.

Where can i find that mod you guys talking about?

i tested the 908 the porsche rs spyder..
908 no dash

rs spyder only rpm bar.

Do you display the driving wheel in game ??
That's rather important for the more recent cars as the motec may only be on the wheel itself.
For ex. the Audi R10 motec is on the wheel !

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%