MoTec and the new Evo patch

Hmmm anyone else experiencing problems with Motec not recording any logs since the new patch has been installed. I 've tried a number of things in the .PLR file (now located in the My Documents right?) but can't get anything to work. Anyone any advice or better still the appropiate lines from your own .PLR file

Hmmm anyone else experiencing problems with Motec not recording any logs since the new patch has been installed. I 've tried a number of things in the .PLR file (now located in the My Documents right?) but can't get anything to work. Anyone any advice or better still the appropiate lines from your own .PLR file
I remember that I edited my plr file to change the log directory (iirc it didn't contain the drive letter). Try an absolute path like C:\Documents and Settings\JohnDoe\My Documents\LoggedData.

I sorted it by trying many things. Here are the lines I have now:-

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="0"
Data Acquisition EXE="E:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="E:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Happy days now I can get back to trying to figure out what it all means :rotfl:

Jarrod Crossley

Rubbin Racer!
Motec is pritty stright forward to get to work with eiter Race 07/ GTR Evo / STCC.

Hi guys.

After several days reading forums and looking for a way to obtain data from my sessions in GTR Evo to be used with MoTeC i2 Pro, I didn'd find it, so I decided to investigate it by myself.

The result of that investigation is that I find the way to do it and I'll post it here for those who think it could be useful.

It's as simply as make a couple of modifications in your user's PRL file (located in "C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\[your steam user]\race 07\UserData\[your GTR evo user]\")

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

The changes you have to make are the following:

Data Acquisition In Race="0" (original)
Data Acquisition In Race="1" (modified)

MoTeC LogFolder= Here the folder you want to put the data into

And that's all.

You can free download latest release of MoTeC i2 Pro here.

Here is a good thread that has a Motec project that works well with Evo: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32733

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
with regards to the data acquisition in race. This is optional. It will record race sessions but will cause a performance hit on some machines and is only really usefull if you want to analise your performance post race.

To activate logging for all the other sessions you can leave the value at "0" and just specify any legitimate folder path for the logs. You will notice the default value is missing the drive letter from the path.

I sorted it by trying many things. Here are the lines I have now:-

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="0"
Data Acquisition EXE="E:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="E:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Happy days now I can get back to trying to figure out what it all means :rotfl:

It also worked for me (changing paths), you:rotfl: genious!!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%
  • €3001-5000