Tracks Mosport 2021 (CTMP) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels bumpy to me with t500. Tested with VRC Cart 1999 and Porsche 962 shorttail.

Awesome work! It's almost like a completely new layout compared to the old conversions/versions, they sure have been quite wrong in many places.
Big thanks to all involved!

What car/mod if I may ask?

Great track ...

I have to agree with those who think the track seems a bit too smooth. I've been driving the MX-5 Cuppie on it today. It shouldn't be anywhere near as bumpy as Lilski's Bridgehampton ... but it should be a bit bumpier than it is.

Needs people and vehicles parked around the place too. I'm guessing all the people who would be there today took the day off for the holiday.

Some cars can handle bumps really well in ac. To feel the bumps I'd try the ruf yellow bird or ferrari f40 s3. The mx5 is pretty slow, modern and well balanced car and you don't really feel that much in it.

Great track ...

I have to agree with those who think the track seems a bit too smooth. I've been driving the MX-5 Cuppie on it today. It shouldn't be anywhere near as bumpy as Lilski's Bridgehampton ... but it should be a bit bumpier than it is.

Needs people and vehicles parked around the place too. I'm guessing all the people who would be there today took the day off for the holiday.
“It should be a bit bumpier than this”

Based on what reference?

Great track, many thanks. Easily the best version I've got.
From a purely visual perspective I feel the contrast might be a little too great between the main track asphalt (which is quite light) and the repaired sections (which are very dark, and pretty much at every corner). I guess this might be true-to-life but find it a little jarring, especially since the resurfaced sections invariable have square corners and sharply defined edges (like in real life, granted) which highlights the difference even more. Personally I always prefer skid marks and a more defined groove leading up to corners (rather than sections of virgin tarmac) for a more 'organic' look, but I can understand why you've probably done it this way (ie to reflect the current state of the circuit), but maybe the difference between the old and the new road surface could perhaps be toned down a little by either darkening the main surface or lightening the repairs?
It's a minor quibble and my view might be unique. Thanks again for the track.

Those corner section are not repair patches but a more durable surface material.
Prier to the modern era of this track under present ownership and it's revitalization
Those section were concrete.

“It should be a bit bumpier than this”

Based on what reference?

12 years of racing E Production MGB's in the northeast US (1970's-1980's). Although I never raced on this track, patches, seam lines and frost heaves make for fairly bumpy rides on almost all tracks in the NE.

12 years of racing E Production MGB's in the northeast US (1970's-1980's). Although I never raced on this track, patches, seam lines and frost heaves make for fairly bumpy rides on almost all tracks in the NE.
The bumps on the AC track are based on 2016 damper travel telemetry for a car based on quite a lot of data.

The bumps on the AC track are based on 2016 damper travel telemetry for a car based on quite a lot of data.

Do whatever you want. I was only agreeing, based on my limited experience, with two other people who offered the same suggestion.

As for a new surface, I did race at Summit Point (near Washington, DC), WV. just after it was re-surfaced and years afterward. The winter freezes really raise hell with an asphalt track.

Last edited:
@Johnr777 I'll start up by saying that I have a special connection with this track. Drove it first in GPL, I hated it. Simple reason why: it was a nightmare! So scary, all those elevation changes, all those braking points and gear-shifting to be done while cornering and going downhill...Brrrr! Then I said to myself, "try and get better at it". After I lapped and lapped around I actually got better and it quickly became one of my favourites. With a fast car, you can never rest easy. After a race you end up tired, but incredibly satisfied (given you didn't crash somewhere along the road :p).
I got so affectionate to it that I even worked on an update for it in GPL, with the precious help of a couple friends.

mosport_66.jpg

Now, given this long, self-acclamatory piece, let's get to your work :roflmao:

Awesome!
Clearly, it is not finished. Some bits and bobs need to go into place but it feels great so far.
There are just a couple issues I have: the pit walls textures look a bit too flat. They need more depth. The asphalt also, while I understand that it is based on data evidence, looks (not feels, beware!) a bit dull too, but most of all it makes for some weird contrast with the black patches, which also show their poligons in more than a few points. These are my two remarks, everything else (given its current beta state) is A-Okay :thumbsup:

Through all the disagreements and personal preferences, I’m getting some pretty helpful feedback, thanks guys!

Wanted to remind everyone that this is still a beta, 1.0 should have a lot of the issues resolved, AO bakes for objects looking dull, some texture blend work, and a list and a half of things I still have to finish. In the meantime, hope you are all enjoying it :thumbsup:

I assume it is normal to get some "already installed by Watkins Glen" shader patch errors when installing with JSGME and I can just accept them and proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back