Tracks Mosport 2021 (CTMP) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
John, another great entry here in track modding. Thanks so much for this gift. Supremely high quality work, looks better than I dare say most of the Kunos tracks.

can U send I pic of the folder that has the shader? I’m so confused
There has to be a basic understanding of unzipping files and being able to understand folder structures. Otherwise installing mods is not in your future...

You download the shader file, unzip, copy its contents and paste them into the same folder in the assettocorsa install.

And please, this isn't discord. Multiple messages and quoting different people is not necessary.

Last edited:
1603984129983.png

Came back after trying it out some more. This is next level. I mean I was at Mosport this past weekend for a driving school. So I have a vivid memory of the track and wow does it feel real. The line coming into turn 5a and all the way to the back straight is identical. Hats off to the chef

Came back after trying it out some more. This is next level. I mean I was at Mosport this past weekend for a driving school. So I have a vivid memory of the track and wow does it feel real. The line coming into turn 5a and all the way to the back straight is identical. Hats off to the chef
Thanks for the feedback and review!

Data is a beautiful thing.

@Johnr777 Thanks very much for the updates. I love all the little details like the animated crowds, cars and campfires, they really do add life to tracks and help tremendously with immersion in VR.
Re the three campfires, it looks a little to me like the smoke is getting released under pressure, like steam from a pipe rather than just rising naturally from campfire heat. I've been playing with the config and found that in the [SMOKE_...] setting, SPEED = 3 (the original setting was SPEED = 25, I think) makes it rise more naturally and dissipate more realistically in the breeze, to my eyes at least. Maybe give it a go and see what you think?
Thanks again for such a fantastic track and for injecting so much atmosphere into it. Top job sir.

Last edited:
@Johnr777 Thanks very much for the updates. I love all the little details like the animated crowds, cars and campfires, they really do add life to tracks and help tremendously with immersion in VR.
Re the three campfires, it looks a little to me like the smoke is getting released under pressure, like steam from a pipe rather than just rising naturally from campfire heat. I've been playing with the config and found that in the [SMOKE_...] setting, SPEED = 3 (the original setting was SPEED = 25, I think) makes it rise more naturally and dissipate more realistically in the breeze, to my eyes at least. Maybe give it a go and see what you think?
Thanks again for such a fantastic track and for injecting so much atmosphere into it. Top job sir.
@Johnr777 OK, I've fallen into the rabbit hole and been faffing about a bit more, so have added some further tweaks to the campfire smoke. Apologies if you feel this is treading on your toes or anything, that was never the intention. Just fettling, and not trying to compromise your artistic intention or anything. Feel free to call me a cheeky bastard, I won't be offended... ;)
I increased the size and intensity of the smoke a little to compensate for it's lower 'trajectory' as it now rises under heat (as opposed to pressure), and lowered the source of the smoke to be closer to the heart of the fire rather than above the flames as previously.
Anyway, give these values a go if you're so inclined. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
(note: there's a fourth campfire with no smoke at all, so I left that one as it is. It might be burning smokeless fuel ;) )

Code:
[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=-46.6079, -19.2339, -192.186
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.6
COLOR = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=-714.8, -7.9382, -436.838
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.6
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=25.3217, -23.5054, 98.3014
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.2
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

(I know campfire smoke is a tiny detail in the grand scheme of things and in the context of the overall environment, but you know what it's like when a tiny detail gets its hooks into you. It's an itch that just begs to be scratched).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies