Tracks Mosport 2021 (CTMP) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Johnr777 OK, I've fallen into the rabbit hole and been faffing about a bit more, so have added some further tweaks to the campfire smoke. Apologies if you feel this is treading on your toes or anything, that was never the intention. Just fettling, and not trying to compromise your artistic intention or anything. Feel free to call me a cheeky bastard, I won't be offended... ;)
I increased the size and intensity of the smoke a little to compensate for it's lower 'trajectory' as it now rises under heat (as opposed to pressure), and lowered the source of the smoke to be closer to the heart of the fire rather than above the flames as previously.
Anyway, give these values a go if you're so inclined. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
(note: there's a fourth campfire with no smoke at all, so I left that one as it is. It might be burning smokeless fuel ;) )

Code:
[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=-46.6079, -19.2339, -192.186
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.6
COLOR = 0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=-714.8, -7.9382, -436.838
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.6
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

[SMOKE_...]
POSITION=25.3217, -23.5054, 98.3014
DIRECTION = 0, 1, 0
SPEED = 3
SIZE = 0.2
SPREAD = 0
INTENSITY = 0.095

(I know campfire smoke is a tiny detail in the grand scheme of things and in the context of the overall environment, but you know what it's like when a tiny detail gets its hooks into you. It's an itch that just begs to be scratched).
Oh nice, I'll admit I havent spent too much time on these effects...

I'm working on a small update to fix some issues with the vanilla version as well as a couple of tweaks with the CSP stuff... wouldnt mind including your tweaks. Do you have a comparison video or a gif of the new smoke? Not home ATM.

Oh nice, I'll admit I havent spent too much time on these effects...

I'm working on a small update to fix some issues with the vanilla version as well as a couple of tweaks with the CSP stuff... wouldnt mind including your tweaks. Do you have a comparison video or a gif of the new smoke? Not home ATM.
I don't I'm afraid, and won't be able to make one anytime soon, but feel free to use the tweaks (or adapt them further) if you like what you see when you get home. Don't forget that fourth campfire too... ;).

If you are doing some tweaks and are in a recepetive mood can I make another pompous suggestion? The new flag shader adds its own shading as the wind ripples along the fabric, so if you use a flag texture with fake shading already on it, it can just look like a dirty flag as the shadows and highlights aren't in the right places during the rippling animation. IMO a perfectly 'clean' flag looks better when animated for this reason, as it'll be shaded correctly and dynamically during the animation. I did a quick texture replacement for your US and Canadian flags with clean vectors as a test and think they look a lot better (but you might disagree of course..!).

I don't I'm afraid, and won't be able to make one anytime soon, but feel free to use the tweaks (or adapt them further) if you like what you see when you get home. Don't forget that fourth campfire too... ;).

If you are doing some tweaks and are in a recepetive mood can I make another pompous suggestion? The new flag shader adds its own shading as the wind ripples along the fabric, so if you use a flag texture with fake shading already on it, it can just look like a dirty flag as the shadows and highlights aren't in the right places during the rippling animation. IMO a perfectly 'clean' flag looks better when animated for this reason, as it'll be shaded correctly and dynamically during the animation. I did a quick texture replacement for your US and Canadian flags with clean vectors as a test and think they look a lot better (but you might disagree of course..!).
The left side campfire was left like that because when smoke fx was introduced, there was a heavier performance impact when there were 2 in view. Good possibility thats no longer the case? I'll do some testing.

Honestly I dont remember why I used that style of flag textures, could have been a vanilla AC thing 2-3 years ago when I started it. Shoot over that texture if you want it included in the next update, probably tonight (eastern time)

The left side campfire was left like that because when smoke fx was introduced, there was a heavier performance impact when there were 2 in view. Good possibility thats no longer the case? I'll do some testing.

Honestly I dont remember why I used that style of flag textures, could have been a vanilla AC thing 2-3 years ago when I started it. Shoot over that texture if you want it included in the next update, probably tonight (eastern time)

Here you go:

Johnr777 updated Mosport 2020 (CTMP) with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and small improvements

Vanilla version:
- No need to download add-on shaders, fixed crashing;
- Fixed missing alpha to campfire flames;
- Removed static airplane;
- Fixed road edges, sand edge, pit entry and exit lines - they weren't receiving shadows;
- Removed road lines, as per 2020 track specs

CSP version:
- Added campires, smoke, and tents to "spectator" tag - all gone if "remove spectators" option is selected. The few animated people stay since this option doesnt work to hide them. A more realistic empty...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but there are holes in the track in T3 between the tarmac patches and also some kind of invisible object on the grass in the inside of T3. Hit either one and your car gets launched to hell...

It’s not hole, but rather a vertex or 2 from the physical mesh that stick up a little higher, and mods with collider set too low will catch it. I thought I got them all, but will do a pass on it again before the next update.

No idea about this invisible object on the grass though, a screenshot of the location would be ideal

Last edited:
ok, we seemed to find all the invisible stick things with the DRM mod :) The invisible thing in the grass is easy to find, just drive on grass on the inside of turn 3 between curb and wall..

Screenshot_drm_monastir_jr_mosport_2020_2-5-121-22-41-27.jpg

Here is a sticky up bit

Thanks, yeah, nothing wrong with it from the picture. Maybe ride height set very low in the setup?

Either way, it’s on my list
We did a 60 min race and this happened only once around the 50 minute mark. 19 cars and only one guy found this bit of the track. As the car started with heavy fuel load I would expect it to do this at beginning of race not end. DRM mod is good quality too.

Last edited:
Damn could it be that I saw your post in a random forum thread about csp lighting? If so, great fire place! Currently working on implementing it into my own track after you inspired me. What a coincidence that I found your track ^^

I'll leave a review once I've driven it.

Once Road Atlanta is out, Mosport will get a 2021 update as well.

- 2021 spec logos ... re-did some of the older billboards as well with better photo references
- Y trees rotated to follow the track, something I should have done much earlier
- Asphalt back to a more "patchy look" as per 2021 references, and repainted lines
- FPS improvements... approximately 10-15 gain from LODS and re-uv of that massive 8K texture to 4 - 4K to help those with stuttering issues

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_jr_mosport_2021_26-7-121-23-24-11.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_jr_mosport_2021_26-7-121-23-32-46.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_jr_mosport_2021_26-7-121-23-11-26.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_jr_mosport_2021_26-7-121-23-49-47.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_st_jr_mosport_2021_26-7-121-23-51-43.jpg

Hi,
Might be a wrong thread, but I've been trying to start this mod with CSP 0.1.60 and it crashes 1 sec after crashing. Is there a way to pull up logs for a crash? What could be the reason?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi,
Might be a wrong thread, but I've been trying to start this mod with CSP 0.1.60 and it crashes 1 sec after crashing. Is there a way to pull up logs for a crash? What could be the reason?
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Log files are in /My Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/, mostly just log.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back