GT5 More on GT5 damage and NASCAR

GTPlanet has a nice article here giving a few more snippets of information on hot topics such as damage and the addition of NASCAR into GT5. The damage model sounds fantastic with talk of things like bent suspension arms, tyres hitting the wheel wells and deformation affecting alignment as well as other performance effects from damage. The article quotes Kazunori Yamauchi as saying "We’re still working on setting the sensitivity level of of the damage. You can have it so if you have a single hit your car isn’t going to be able to be driven anymore. It’s a matter of adjustment.” which sounds like the damage could be configurable by the end user.

The inclusion of NASCAR is of interest to me and Kazunori Yamauchi has this to say: "The most difficult part is actually NASCAR. Their rules are really, really complex. It’s almost the difference between soccer and American football. I’m not quite sure of just how much of NASCAR’s rules we’ll be able to implement but we’re going to try" I'm hoping they can include as much as possible for future events.

You can read the whole article here at GTPlanet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back