More immersive pits mod

Misc More immersive pits mod 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks, TheNuvolari

I'm in the showroom, I have selected the team and I can see it around the car
but I don't know how I've done it before, and now I can't, select each part of the man's clothing (gloves, helmets, clothing) by clicking. I've managed to do it once before. you only see the cursor moving.

The theme of the textures, I have downloaded it. it looks like they are in .psd format

I don't know what to do, since I suppose they must be in .dds

Thanks

Thanks, TheNuvolari

I'm in the showroom, I have selected the team and I can see it around the car
but I don't know how I've done it before, and now I can't, select each part of the man's clothing (gloves, helmets, clothing) by clicking. I've managed to do it once before. you only see the cursor moving.

The theme of the textures, I have downloaded it. it looks like they are in .psd format

I don't know what to do, since I suppose they must be in .dds

Thanks
If you cannot select any objects in showroom click the Back arrow instead of the car icon then it should work.

The crew skinning pack is in .psd format because it is layered, meaning it has multiple texture layers (for example first layer is color, second is sponsors, third is Ambient Occlusion to give the suit texture a 3D look), you have to open it in a program that can open .psd files, it is designed for PhotoShop but with a plugin you can open it in paint.NET (what I use), then after you opened it you have to save it as .dds (this will combine all layers and that is what the final look will be on the crew suit)

Well, I'm trying to add the textures to the pit crew. In the drivers folder, there is the texture of the uniform that each driver wore, which would serve me perfectly to add it to each pit crew.

The textures already came with the mod

I've tried one, and it looks different than the original photo.

B2.jpg
B.jpg

Logos are not visible on the chest.

here another

J.jpg
j2.jpg

by the way, when I change a team's uniform, it automatically changes them to all teams

Thank you for your trouble, TheNuvolari

Last edited:
Well, I'm trying to add the textures to the pit crew. In the drivers folder, there is the texture of the uniform that each driver wore, which would serve me perfectly to add it to each pit crew.

The textures already came with the mod

I've tried one, and it looks different than the original photo.

Logos are not visible on the chest.

here another

by the way, when I change a team's uniform, it automatically changes them to all teams

Thank you for your trouble, TheNuvolari
Yes as Hoksu said the DRIVER_Suit2.dds and DRIVER_Suit.dds is for the crew members and uses a completely different template

Thanks, Hoksu
I finally managed to do something. It's not perfect, but I like how it turned out

Thanks TheNuvolari, at the end I have the skins that are by default, changing their color to make them look as similar as possible, and I have pasted the logos of the Grand Prix4 pit crew

Sin título.jpg

If anyone is interested, I can share my skins

Last edited:
I tried it, but with a race, and the pit exit to the right, it looks weird to drive through the pit crew members to get to the pit exit.. and if you have other cars on track, you cant get around the crews . if the crew was track/pit lane dependant on where they stand, it would be great.

@TheNuvolari Have you tried to contact @Gunnar333 for the animations? Or maybe @Johnr777 ? Because they have some experience with animations on tracks, I think it would be a good idea for you to contact them! :)
John suggested that the problem was the meshes pointing in the wrong direction, which could fix it but only if there is a single model in the center of world origin. So the problem is I cannot make multiple guys animated because the rigged model will only not get deformed when it is in the center of world origin.

John suggested that the problem was the meshes pointing in the wrong direction, which could fix it but only if there is a single model in the center of world origin. So the problem is I cannot make multiple guys animated because the rigged model will only not get deformed when it is in the center of world origin.
Alright, thanks for the explanation, seems to be very tricky indeed. I am no expert so I can not comment on that, but how could some modders implement several guys around the track with different animations? Would it theoretically be possible to implement animated crew members into the pitlanes by adding them to the track files, I mean without team-specific appearance? Animated pit crews would add up so much to the atmosphere... Maybe I can talk to Ilja about that, but I think there are more important things for him to fix at the moment...

Alright, thanks for the explanation, seems to be very tricky indeed. I am no expert so I can not comment on that, but how could some modders implement several guys around the track with different animations? Would it theoretically be possible to implement animated crew members into the pitlanes by adding them to the track files, I mean without team-specific appearance? Animated pit crews would add up so much to the atmosphere... Maybe I can talk to Ilja about that, but I think there are more important things for him to fix at the moment...
They are placed as a single object in the track .kn5 (only one guy in a group instead of 4), if I would do it for tracks separately I would have to modify every single .kn5 file of tracks that is basically reuploading Kunos' work with minimal changes, and even if I would get permission for reuploading modified .kn5 files of modded tracks I would get bomboarded with insane amount of requests, not to mention a track .kn5 weights 50mb on an average basis, the .zip would bloat into 1gb only with 20 supported tracks.
I really wanted to get this done but it's an Assetto Corsa limitation that the pivot of the animated model must be in 0,0,0 coordinates of the file so I don't think I can do anything about it unfortunately :(

But maybe someday I'll try to make .kn5 files for tracks as separate addons (don't think the crew suit skins would work tho), I just hope they won't tax memory usage as much as movable track signs do

Last edited:
nice that you signed up.
I did everything as described in the description.
even in the KN5 preview everything is as it should be but when I'm on the track it looks like without mod what am I doing wrong.
Make sure you replaced the .pitcrew.kn5 (make backup first!) and test it on a Kunos track that has the pits on the right side

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.