Monza

I have problems with low fps. I mean the fps is around 65-70 but looks like I'm under 30 fps. It's far from smooth running the track and when turn on the mirrors, the situation getting worse. Everything is on low and off, do you know how can I reduce somehow track details, I believe there are many objects around the track and that is the obstacle.

It's default 60hz.

Untitled.jpg

GRAB_018.JPG

Last edited:
The remaining tracks of the season are all basically conversion tracks not optimized for rF2 engine. Spa, if it happens, will be more or less the same or worse FPS even. Your graphics card ranks worse in the charts than my 2009 bought GPU, so I can only suggest perhaps to lower resolution.

The remaining tracks of the season are all basically conversion tracks not optimized for rF2 engine. Spa, if it happens, will be more or less the same or worse FPS even. Your graphics card ranks worse in the charts than my 2009 bought GPU, so I can only suggest perhaps to lower resolution.
Ive that GTX 660 (2GB), but still have weird stuttering etc. Im trying everything to get rid of it, but without succes.

Last edited:
With an R9 280x I get 190FPS with similar settings to yours at Monza. So I doubt it's either the mod or the track, but something specific to your PC.

Did you check whether there are any processes hogging your resources in Task Manager or Resource explorer?

I know sometimes if I go into rFactor 2 and come back out again, it leaves a residual process in memory, so if you start it up again, there is sometimes 2 of the same exe open. So also check that.

A far-fetched thing I'd try, is lowering your texture filtering from x4 to its lowest level and try again.

Other than that, I got nothing man.

I have no stuttering, using GTX 660 as well. GTX 660 is about 100% more powerful card than GTX 650. Putting circuit detail to low might help a bit, other settings don't make a huge difference. From rfconfig HDR off and AA off might help a well.

I have lowest track details and no AA. Ive more than 160-180 FPS on whole track, but stutters are still there. Also with HDR turned off I can get additional FPS´, but still no improve in terms of stuttering.
Teammate has almost the same PC components, just uses W8.1 (Im on W7). I tried 8.1 for Indy, clean install, I had installed all what I need, but "blackscreen" after few laps of R1 for 10 secs - and I was done... :)

I tried uninstall C++ x86, as was pointed out in some older topics, probably helped litle bit, but its still there. I wanted to try "Flush Previous Frame", but I cant find it in config files anymore.
Also I have to try "Maximum pre-rendered frame" yet, to see if it can help a bit.

PC itself should work fine, Ive no other problems and in processes I cant see any irregularities.

Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 OC DirectCU II, 2048MB, GDDR5, 256bit, HDMI, 2x DVI, Display Port

I'm going to buy this gpu, but what do you suggest to be 2gb or 4gb memmory and what is the difference in the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back