Monza 66 - 1000km layout

Tracks Monza 66 - 1000km layout v0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Mino Cal submitted a new resource:

Monza 66 - 1000km layout - New layout for the Kunos track that adds two chicanes before each of the banked corners

Hey, so after visiting real life Monza earlier this year I (together with the inspiration and research by Red Manuel) felt like giving the Kunos 66 version a spruce up and to add the chicanes before each of the banked corners used for the 1000km races in the late 60s to make the track a bit more technical (and safer) to drive.

Just drop the files into AC's main folder and you will find the 1000km version as a layout for Kunos' Monza 66 track.

disclaimer: I've updated a few of the...

Read more about this resource...

The AI is quite ridiculous on the first and second chicane, meaning they crash into each other when braking. Maybe this could be checked again. The billboards maybe should be changed as well with a separate skin, since they were different then on the other layouts? :)

I got lots of grass coming through the tarmac at first chicane? Second chicane is ok. Grassfx off
Screenshot_shelby_cobra_427sc_ks_monza66_10-7-123-17-1-17.jpg
Screenshot_shelby_cobra_427sc_ks_monza66_10-7-123-17-0-54.jpg

Can you just add the number of grid slots and pits at least to the OSRW numbers (32 pits or more instead of default Kunos 24-25 pits)?
Anyway, great to have this. Don't know how Kunos didn't think of some use for those chicanes :rolleyes:

Really great work, but I have a question.

How can we timed that? :D Because I yesterday published the same layout called Monza 1966 World Sportscar Championship Layout Extension :D

This should be no problem. What I do is always make a test drive and keep the one thats in my pov is the best.

The AI is quite ridiculous on the first and second chicane, meaning they crash into each other when braking. Maybe this could be checked again. The billboards maybe should be changed as well with a separate skin, since they were different then on the other layouts? :)
Hey, thanks for your input! I should have probably added that this is still an early version, the base modelling is mostly done but things like AI definitely need improvement, and I'm no AI expert for now. If anyone feels like updating the AI I'd be happy and would include it in an update!

I'll try and think of a better solution for the billboards, maybe a skin would be good!

Last edited:
Really great work, but I have a question.

How can we timed that? :D Because I yesterday published the same layout called Monza 1966 World Sportscar Championship Layout Extension :D

Haha, yeah, I guess it's not a complete coincidence, I had it sitting on my computer for 3 or 4 months and released a test version on discord quite a while ago. Then two days or so ago I was given a complement about the released version...and was a bit confused. I was assuming someone released my v0.1 somewhere and thought it best to release the v0.2, as it was, here on racedepartment...only after I had done that I saw you released a scratch made 1000km layout (which the complements were referring to).
I guess your version is like the earliest version of the chicanes when they were using hay bales in real life too. Anyhow, I hope you keep working on it, if you want any of my files feel free to use them!

Last edited:
Can you just add the number of grid slots and pits at least to the OSRW numbers (32 pits or more instead of default Kunos 24-25 pits)?
Anyway, great to have this. Don't know how Kunos didn't think of some use for those chicanes :rolleyes:
Good idea, I'll do that! I'll wait 2 or 3 more days so more bugs can be reported and then release an update including the additional grid slots.

Good idea, I'll do that! I'll wait 2 or 3 more days so more bugs can be reported and then release an update including the additional grid slots.
It's been almost four sad, sad months and the update with at least more grid slots didn't get released yet.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.7%