Monitors Philips vs ASUS

eSEA One

ESEAone
Currently I have a 2 monitor set-up. a Samsung SMBX 2231 1080p, 1920x1080 60Hz 16:9 as my prime monitor and on the left a 4:3 Generic with a lower res128x1024 , this is better then just the one as I have the centre of view on the left of the prime and the bezels mostly lining up on the cars C pillar. the door window and the left wing mirror appear here.
I have come into some gift cards and I am looking at getting 2 more to replace the small one, matching the Samsung. The two I have my eye on are the:
Philips 224E5QDAB/00 and the
ASUS VX229H
The only major I see is the lack of a VESA mount on the ASUS. Both these have very thin bezels and they would flank the SAMSUNG .
What do you think?
Yes these are not huge monitors but if you mount them close enough that pixels are still not an issue you can still get a wide FOV

Last edited:
I used to have a 27" single monitor Setup.
But because of the limited sight, i wanted a triple monitor setup real bad.
I bought myself some real cheap used 22" Monitors, to test if my grafix card can handle it.

Vesa mount is important to get the different monitors in line (because there will most likely be difference in height you can get with the stand). And to get a mounting independed from the desk, perhaps for a playseat.

Other thing to keep an eye on is the depiction. The Monitors should have similar colour display, frequency, and so on.
It can be very iritating, I have 3 LG 22" Flatron Monitor (space on my desk is limited of course), one is a E22XXX the other 2 are W22xxxx
and I cant get them to have the same colour display.
One is always a little bit colder (more blue or whatever) so much that I realise even when racing.

3 Monitors are amazing (even 22") playing in 5040*1050 is a blast,

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back