Monitor & TV

Getting the same here, expecting the Sony Bravia KLD40W4500 this week :sinister: Can't wait !

I got a DVI - HDMI convertor with it so then you can just hook it with a hdmi cable to your TV and play on there.

Gona be a mint to play on with the TV you getting and will work fine !

Just need to sort another setup for my steering wheel since I am really not gonna move my desktop infront of my tv :D
Maybe time to build a nice racing seat and all that from a few sheets of mdf etc.

• Jordan Kleeman

Samsung 226BW 22" here, come quite cheap these days and it is a proper screen for gaming.
Only 1 thing !! I want bigger ! LOL

I have the exact same screen and it's incredible, highly recommend these screens though i would definitely save the extra for a 24 if i could do it again.

Got 2 x Samsung 226BW's here and an Iiyama 2201W ... BUUUUUUT ... I really whole heartedly recommend the Iiyama Prolite 2201W over the Samsung.
(new model)

The Samsungs are pretty piano black, but that prettyness is rubbish as it reflects background light and can be annoying/distracting. The screen itself is retina burning material ... you can adjust it, but every time I use my laptop with the Iiyama connected to it, I fall in love with it all over again. Its so much more capable of all things not just gaming.
(I have compared the two directly in dual view, and the Iiyama wipes the floor with the Samsung!!)

Go Iiyama I say ... for me its a much more capable monitor, faster, sharper, with far better backlighting and colour reproduction :good:

www.iiyama.com

just looked em up on dabs. they looks like definate value for money.

Got 2 x Samsung 226BW's here and an Iiyama 2201W ... BUUUUUUT ... I really whole heartedly recommend the Iiyama Prolite 2201W over the Samsung.
(new model)

The Samsungs are pretty piano black, but that prettyness is rubbish as it reflects background light and can be annoying/distracting. The screen itself is retina burning material ... you can adjust it, but every time I use my laptop with the Iiyama connected to it, I fall in love with it all over again. Its so much more capable of all things not just gaming.
(I have compared the two directly in dual view, and the Iiyama wipes the floor with the Samsung!!)

Go Iiyama I say ... for me its a much more capable monitor, faster, sharper, with far better backlighting and colour reproduction :good:

www.iiyama.com

Good to hear that, I might buy the Iiyama E2208HDS http://www.iiyama.com/ms_GL/Product/category/2/product/158 . Will take a look at the 2201 too.

Just use the DVI port and your sorted, I play with a Sony BRAVIA 26" LCD, the only problem I had was the latest nVidia Drivers din't support my resolution, I had to force it in the end with no problems.

Sounds a good pc anyway that :D

HDMI works great

HDMI is the way to go. I just built a similar system and have it hooked up to a Samsung 42 Plasma via HDMI @ 1900 x 1080. It works great as a gaming monitor! Good luck.

Ok so I've got a new PC on the way and I'm planning on hooking it up to the TV occasionally.
Specs of my PC:
Asus P5QL Pro Intel P43
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
2gb RAM
160gb hdd + 500gb ext hdd

TV
Sony KDL32V4000

Would I be right in saying all I need to do to hook it up is use a HDMI to DVI cable?
HDMI into TV, DVI into PC???
Also I'm assuming it should all run ok on those specs?

All help is appreciated.

Edit - If it helps, games to be played will be GTR Evo, Richard burns rally and rFactor.

Well I've now got it all up and running, and I must say it looks great.
Thanks for all the replies.

QUick question though, I'm using a hdmi to dvi converter, with a hdmi cable running into the tv, does anyone know how I get the sound to play through the tv?

Just a note - the Iiyama you mention has a native resolution of 1920x1080 ... the 2201 has 1680x1050
This higher resolution is fantastic in some ways (sharper detail etc), but it will probably require a more powerful graphics card to run it, and when you are not gaming it also means that the default size of the desktop, text, etc could be quite small and tricky to read unless you sit really close up or have really good eyesight :)

Not running at native resolutions on LCD's doesn't work like it did on CRT's ... text and graphics become pixelated, or you crop the image size so you effectively end up with a smaller screen

• Machoman

T220 200€ in Spain... Really great one, but you need a good card to move it.

Just very quickly tried this ... not having any luck with Evo nor rFactor on 3 x 22" monitors at 1680x1050 each and 2 x 8800GT 512MB's.

Been trying to set game options so that primary display adapter as 8800GT SofTH, then selecting a resolution of 5040 x 1680, disabling driver and game aa (as per instructions). Game engines crash when I try to run it, despite the screens starting to look like things are going to do their thing :sad:

If anyone has it working, be groovy to hear how you got it working.

why by 5040 x 1050 would be more appropriate, or is that just a typo?

Try disabling the Multihead option in the config.
On 1.07 I had to explicitly set the resolutions for each device to get it to work for me.
1.08 I dropped it in and off it goes. no problems.

Check the forums over there. most people seem to run 22s and they post theyre configs.

Typo mate ... and didn't try too hard as I didn't want to get too used to it. Despite having 3 x 22" monitors in the house, one is attached to another machine my wife mainly uses for work, so not a permanent option to have it attached here, which I would probably want it to be if I actually got it working with Evo :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.7%