RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Michel Salvador

was my first time with you guys on fridays :) really enjoy .

race 1: np will marquez i got back fast :) well really crazy battle finish 5th

race 2: sry kevin hopkins for the tap try to avoid you coulnd...really hard place to try to get back on the track lol well few ppl lost control before the jump a panic lol lost control boom in to the wall ... engine dead ..

well i wanna say im happy to join you guys on the fridays and in the league that coming up:)

thx RD Eric and Keith :)

Race report:

Didn't get as much practice like last week at Donington. But in TT was able to keep up with Brandon's ghost and hit times under 1min consistently. Just wasn't able to duplicate it during practice.

Quali: End up getting a decent lap in. Hit the final chicane totally wrong but happy with P9.

Race 1: Head into T1 and like I said in my previous post end up slightly tapping Michel (saw in replay that he recovered) but end up letting almost the whole field pass as it was not safe to get back on track. Now I have alot of work to do. End up catching back up to the pack. And for maybe the next 6-7 laps had some great battles with Willie and Tim. Thought I made some good runs on them but on this track there were no places to pass cleanly. Really some good driving in close quarters by them. Was able to pass and after pitting started to run alot faster laps than the beginning. Started to pick up places as that jump turn was very unforgiving. Coming down to the end hit the final chicane and I am running on fumes. Saw someone behind me coming to the finish line and barely get nosed out and end up in 6th place as my car literally dies and crawls over the finish line. (Just saw replay and it was Michel you edged me out at the line :good: )

Race 2: With a decent finish in race 1, start in P3 behind Eric and Kevin. Start to settle into a groove and running consistent laps. Then the devil himself (59.666 in practice lol) starts to bear down on me. A few laps in, coming down to the final section, lock up my tires and as Adam passes me and that's the last time that I see him as he now pursues Eric who ran a consistent two races and qualified very well for this race. Well done buddy. :) Didn't make the mistake of running out of fuel this time and end up P5.

With an overall 5th place finish very happy with the result. (Actually forgot if it was 5th or 6th..lol)

Congrats to Adam for overall win!

Thanks to Eric and Keith for setting up the event.

Great job racing guys, had a blast as usual!... see you at Detroit! :)

edited:
Lastly, just had to get my quiksilver fix in with the picture below. You guys thought I forgot!! :)

Attachments

• team quiksilver.jpg
    team quiksilver.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 200
Sorry that I have to say this guys... :sad:

I've recently come down with a very bad cold, with ear infections in both ears. Sleep is paramount to my recovery, and since ths event's on at 5am for me, I just can't do it. So, in the interest of my health, I have decided to pull out of this event. Please let a reserve take my spot. :(

Congratulations to the podium drivers,
Thought it was rolling start, as I got that answer on ts, so I missed the start pretty much.
Had good run until I made a mistake and had a wall meet, speed was very low, but I got front suspension damage, pitted and did the repairs, but it helped nothing, car just wouldn`t like to turn in at left handers, so I had to dnf:bad:
Thanks Andrew and R-D for setting this event up:good:

as I was side to side with Carlos we went into a corner together and I had no more room to go to the right so we touched and spinned,

I think it was my fault Bart , i thought you were behind me and not on my side so i left no room for you , :sorry: about that .
About the race i had good battles with Alex ( thanks for wait after my spin :thumb: ) and Neil . My first 30 minutes were pretty good actually , managed to keep the 10º position a long time ( started in 18º ). Then i got a S&G ( the first of two :doh: ) and totally lost my concentration as i was driving alone ... finished in 14º a guess .
But lots of fun as usual , that's really a shame friday isn't a easy day for me to join :disapointed: .

It stays as it is :) People seem to be sheep sometimes when it comes to picking a class :D
:sidefrown: shame as racing against 3 other guys for 70 mins is not my idea of fun :sad:
don't get me wrong love the idea of the mixed class racing if it is well enough supported but when you see only 3 other guys signed up for the same class on the day of the race then it does not look all that exciting an outlook for the race itself.

yes i hope so also Bram.

It maybe an idea for you to alocatte drivers a class as they sign up for these events instead of letting us pick ourselves, that way the classes would maybe be better spread out and matched per driver skill :wink2:

• Klyde Parker

:sidefrown: shame as racing against 3 other guys for 70 mins is not my idea of fun :sad:
don't get me wrong love the idea of the mixed class racing if it is well enough supported but when you see only 3 other guys signed up for the same class on the day of the race then it does not look all that exciting an outlook for the race itself.

Yes, I agree !!!

While I can imagine the difficulty in managing a roster this active... couldn't there be more flexiblity in the sign-up procedures? This is a Racing "Club" and not a Racing "Leaugue" after all. If 12 or so peeps want to drive a particular class... why not? Lets work out something that will keep the "FUN" factor at it's highest level? Something with a less rigid format? Not trying to be "B" head - just want this to be the best experience for everybody that it can be !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back