RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Despite all my moaning about the track and conditions I finished P4 :)

Had a great race with Rob and Dan, then Rob pitted, I went for an extra lap, then pitted,came out in front of Rob, then Rob had his C.I.F.O.E.P :doh: was looking forward to some nice dicing again. Had a sniff of a podium as I started catching Yves at the end, but the GOD that is :hail: A.Vaughan.com took me then Yves to steal the podium, very nice considering Adz stopped 3 times. Credit where it's due that was a mighty impresive drive mate :good:

Managed to get past Yves on the last lap and just about hold off for 4th. :)

Cheers Andy and all you nice RD people :good:

• Alex Gibson

Congrats podium and all finishers. I had a few good laps racing with Carlos Moutinho and Neil Gault, was in 10th for a while before the tires gave up and I was all over the place. Still it was good fun. Thanks Andy and all the RD bods.

• Andrew Evans

i'd just like to interject at this point and say:

A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan
A.Vaughan

thank you and goodnight.

Please give my slot to a reserve too.

This past week I've come down with :th_sur::th_sur:INFLUENZA:th_sur::th_sur: and Mother Dearest has just decided to book me a doctor's appointment. Unfortunately it is during the race time, so I can't make it... :damnit:

See you guys next week... :thinking:

Had no timing or chat.

Had same problem when we ran at Warwick.

Forgot I couldn't leave and return during warmup, so I'm out:(.

My simming time is getting shorter and less enjoyable these days.

Hope 2moro's Endurance Series race cheers me up as I'm starting to think I need to step away from driving for a while.

Hope everyone has a good one 2nite:good:.

Cya'z around.

• Andrew Evans

vbi3s.png

barrick & vaughan... intergalactic threesome?

• Andrew Evans

waaaaaaarg! another bollocks race!... got caught up in barts fun (no worries mate) and car was paaaaaaaaaainful to drive after that.... as a consequence i checked out about 30 mins in...

on a brighter note, fergocast doesn't work because changeable weather doesn't work! :shakeyfistman: (though the american breads tell me otherwise)... but we were locked on the inital conditions for the whole race....

they were thusly:

Race1
{
Conditions=70.23
OnPathWetness=82.39
OffPathWetness=82.39
AmbientTemp=34.40
TrackTemp=35.47

IT SHOULD HAVE CHANGED IN UNDER 2 MINUTES:

Minute=1.84
{
Conditions=69.24
AmbientTemp=34.34
}

which is no rain... and got drier... but it didn't...

think it's cause of the patch, but i'll reinvetigate (sic) NAW...

anyways, i digresssssssssssssssssss.....

in other news, for those that don't know, this is my last mini event as an organizer.... from next week i've enlisted the capable hands of the one and only mr buxton - mini friday now belongs to him...

am sure he'll guide us well, ohyus... it's been a biglol doing this for the last year... and much lub to all who came and drove our super serious internet racing game... i'll still be mini-ing... just on the other side of the fence... gonna concentrate more on rbr going forward, down the pipeline, imagineering the whole pie...

uhhhh, yea.... wooooooooooooooooo!

eusadancei.gif

edit: oh yea, and apols to freddie for a couple of taps and a spin...! :hardslap:

Loves getting hit from behind and getting black I guess the BMW"S have bad breaks though.

Qualified 16th or something

RACE ! raced hard got knocked around a bit and had someone cut track and get back in front so i had to pass again which held me up but finished 3rd.

Race 2 had good race and was ok Keith and i were battling for a bit he raced out of pits and i got caught behind slower car which allowed Keith to get in front of me. what ruined my race was getting hit off and getting warnings which would not alow me to mae nyore mistakes which i did so i got penilized for it gr guys

Had no timing or chat.

Had same problem when we ran at Warwick.

Forgot I couldn't leave and return during warmup, so I'm out:(.

My simming time is getting shorter and less enjoyable these days.

Hope 2moro's Endurance Series race cheers me up as I'm starting to think I need to step away from driving for a while.

Hope everyone has a good one 2nite:good:.

Cya'z around.

had exactly the same problem...too bad :(

• Matthew Trivett

Good race.
I learned to not be so risky. Hit the wall in Quali, no time. Ran out of fuel after going from 24th to 5th in race 1. Made a stupid mistake in race 2. Sorry to anyone who got caught out by my lack of braking stability...

Race report to follow. But just watched the replay and in the first race I tapped someone on T1 didn't know who it was. Pulled off to the side and wasn't sure if he got back on ok. Found out who it was and just wanted to say sorry about that Michel saw that you got back on ok and only lost 2 places. But once again sorry man :)

All kinds of weirdness......

Qualified P2 which I was very chuffed with as I expected 5th at best, people messed up and I did a decent lap.

Race 1 - Led after Turn 2, after Keith bumped Adam. Adam passed me a couple fo laps later, and so did Abdul and Keith after I almost rolled a couple more laps later. Couple of laps behind Abdul until he got caught up with a backmarker. Pitted, came out second. Made another mistake at the jump and Keith passed and lap 18, trying to avoid bumping a backmarker, crashed out to end up 17th.

Race 2 - Decided to go around the outside of Turn 1 at the start, and it was a great ploy bar one hitch. I got an awful amount of slowdown, resulting in me pirouetting off. I still finished the lap where I started though, after shenanigans in front. Came up on a three wide battle between Tim and a couple others with Paul behind. I could see it ending in tears (for Tim it turned out) so held back, which allowed Paul to get past, resulting in a stop/go for me as I had no choice but to cut the chicane :(. I got a run past Paul on the next lap and ahead Michael and someone else were going very slowly into the jump and I couldn't slow down enough to avoid Michael. How I didn't knock him off I have no idea. I crashed into the wall though, getting damaged supension, although I'm surprised it didn't end my race.

Here comes the really bad bit - pitted for stop/go and then pitted for my normal stop. Somehow managed to put wet fronts on. Had to pit again for slicks. Came out well down. Was closing on Luis in front, when he broke very early for the jump (I was 100m behind him), I ran into the back of him and we both span, I think causing Michel to crash ending his race. Luis didn't seem very happy about that as he swerved in front of me as he passed while I waited, then turned in on me on the next lap! Sorry Luis I hit you, but you broke far too early for me to anticipate and I didn't cost you a place, there was no need for retaliation on track!

Got another stop/go on the last lap and finished 15th.

Thankyou to Eric and RD. I feel for the guys who couldn't race, Claudio, Phil and Yves. I know how it feels :(. Not the greatest choice of track, just in terms of the speed differentials through the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back