RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

some cool 2 wheel action with out rolling :good:

capture_2009-08-08_22-15-41.jpg

• Frank Herfjord

Come now Aritan, you were P10 when you quit. That can't be that bad, can it? What about all of us behind you?

I was happy to finish 13th, smack in the middle of the field. I think that was the most I could hope for after 18th qual. Although I did my fair share of stupid mistakes (mostly due to talking with my wife and losing attention), I feel more comfortable with the car now. Really looking forward to the league! Competion seemed quite tough today, I hope things smooth out a bit when I start racing in the second division of the league.

Nice gentleman driving from all of you as always. But sometimes too nice. When I miss my braking spot by braking too early and/or losing control in the middle of the corner, you don't need to wait for me! Sometimes the fault lies with the driver ahead... Thanks though.

But please... QUIT CHATTING DURING THE RACE. It is very distracting. Just pretend it's a real life race... "pass left", "thanks", "sorry" and especially "lol" are really not necessary. If you feel you need to say something, you can use the forum and pms after the race.

Come now Aritan, you were P10 when you quit. That can't be that bad, can it? What about all of us behind you?
Frank, the thing is I was P10, but spinning everywhere, almost take Nisse's race out 2 times, I was too much agressive without the proper control of the car/track.

I know it may sound arrogant, but it's not. It was not a fun race for me, not because of the result. As a matter of fact, I always finish my races, independently of my position, but this time I couldn't and I did it because of the fellow drivers on the field. I know I'm not a front row driver, but I like to compete in a very clean way... But when I can't do that, I get too much frustrated. That's why I never sign up to an event without practicing, but time I couldnt practice at all, and the result of that was what I showed on track. I almost messed lots of guys races, believe me. I'm really glad I didn't do anything worse this time... :(

Right! one of those better races for me, as ALWAYS (is it a curse, whatever) started 5th, took off rather well, climbed up to 4th, YAY!!!, but thats all that hapened for a while, ket following, ah yea, climbed up to 3rd even! but! 4 mistakes later, i was chasing 4th possition, which kept running away, slipping out o' my hands. Some time laper, i'm coming out of the turn before the last sweeper, DING-DING-DING!! oh, what luck! the guy spun out, woop!! (no offence ofc, just making it sound more interesting :D) und zo, that was rly about the last thing of significance, the finish was dramatic, me being the last guy not lapped, finished 4th, with a choking (ran out of fuel :D) car over the finish line.

I had to take a shower after it was over, YAY!!

Let me start by typing that I’ve just watched the replay and can only say that I’m very sorry Bob Luneski
At the time from inside my car it looked you cute my inner line trying to defend your position. So back then I saw it as a dived unfortunate event… But clearly in the replay it is I that go into the turn with my FR wheel locked and drifted a little bit too much outside... Well as I typed above I’m sorry and at least I didn’t do terminal damage to your car. :(

As for the race, what can I say…
With all the complications at the start, I dropped from the middle of the grid to 2nd last without even moving 100m. More importantly, together with the other early 3 close encounters (one of them my fault, see above), my car was strange to drive and lost about 8 km/h top speed on the flight straight. So from the word go one of my main intentions at this event went “down the drain” regarding doing a “valid” 60 minutes race test… next time :wink2:
From a certain point view, it was a good race as I learned much, specially watching in the replays how some of you go about this cars and also how much its engine (it seems) "can take" in 60 minutes.

Congratulations to Bruno and to those who completed the Podium. Thanks all for the race and better luck for those who like me didn’t have much of it this time :wink2:

As always, thanks RD for the fine server :)

• Michel Salvador

awesome race it was my first long race 60 min

qual 7th

good start for me then was 6 th till lap 8 little bump with david buxton **** happen we both try to avoid dint work lol was 8 th

all good then lap 11 got in to the wall due side by side bump with
jamie rushworth damn lost front bumper and suspension ....

have to go pit repair lost 1 min omg i was 20th :( almost quit but race was to early 12 lap only so i dint and was really happy i manage to finish 9 th :)

great battle thx bram and rd for this great event

good start for me then was 6 th till lap 8 little bump with david buxton **** happen we both try to avoid dint work lol was 8 th

Totally my fault :(. Tried to get out of your way but I think I made it worse tbh. :sorry:

You wasn't the last person either. Sorry to all that I acted as a rolling chicane :(

Had a nightmare this week. Still enjoyed it though :D. Last week around Imola I was alot better.

Some excellent racing from Philip Antonia. Was good till I came off.

No atmosphere that this event. No one willing to help with set up nothing. The USA and Friday mini races we welcome all, share set ups fuel etc. I asked about the rear wing not 1 person answered!!!!!! ITS A GAME DONT BE SOOOOO SERIOUS!!!!!

Thanks for the race and to phillip for a nice battle :good:

Thanks Adam it was fun. Nice to be able to keep up with you. You were always so damned quick when you raced in the mini's:). And yes these few Xtreme races have been quite serious, but I think it's more down to the preperation for the league. That's why it was fairly tight on the sharing department. Sorry Adam, if I'd seen your request about the wing settings I would have replied, though having followed Bruno he had a much higher setting as I was closing on the straights and he was very quick in some of the corners, so that may have been the way to go.

I uploaded my setup and told everyone in chat during practise actually, guess you didn't see that :p.

Yes thank you Jamie. I had a setup entering the race which was decent enough. I then tried yours and adjusted it to some of my personal preferences like the wheel lock etc. Though my pace with your setup was pretty much the same I was more comfortable with yours and I was more consistant with it. So thank you for sharing:good:.

Quick race report.

Qual: 11th

Pretty happy with that as though I like this track and love these cars I didn't enjoy this combination when I practiced it yesterday:).

Race: 6th

Very happy with this. Though I knew I wouldn't be super quick especially when I saw Maks Stern was driving as he's well quick in these cars. Got a good start and made a couple of spots, but lost them again whilst avoiding some other cars getting a little messy after the main straight. Latched on to the back of Adam Vaughan and had a good battle with him for several laps. Also noticed some people pitting earlier than I though which increased my hopes of picking up spots when/if they needed a 2nd stop. Sadly Adam spun out of the last corner which released me, but the guys ahead were to quick to catch. Had one minor off at my least favourite corner, but otherwise drove consistantly. I knew this race would be a test of my concentration as I wasn't entirely comfortable in this car at Anderstorp and I'm happy with my drive. Certainly better than my poor effort last week at Imola where I thought I'd do well, but pushed too hard there a ended my race in a wall on that day:(.

Bruno was amazingly quick though and it was interesting to briefly follow him when he lapped me. I noticed he had quite a lot of wing as I followed down the straight and I'm going to test that myself and see what effect it would have for me.

I'd like to make an apology to Dan Coldrick though. He slowed to let me by on the last lap as I was going to lap him and as he slowed on the exit of the turn I missed judged the gap between us and he spun off as I clipped the rear left corner of his car:(. Very sorry Dan, I didn't expect you to slow on the exit and was carrying too much speed to dodge the back of you. Hope you didn't lose any places when recovering.

Gr8 race and pleased that I won my personal battle around this track today:). Thanks to Bram and RD again for setting the race up:good:.

sorry I missed this one it sounds like a terrific event as usual!

here's clips of one of our fighters last night. OUr guy is keegan in the black trunks w/ white logo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v7_UkvDi38[/ame] round 2 early

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQarLMe0qkY[/ame] round 2 2nd half

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4LJ6sgemY[/ame] round 3. when he leaves the picture he throws 5 punches and lands 3 followed by a viscious roundhouse kick to the ribs and then picks the guy up and drops him hard. i am so stoked I cannot hold the camera where it needs to be. LOL yeah thats me screaming at him like a lunatic too.

awesome race it was my first long race 60 min

qual 7th

all good then lap 11 got in to the wall due side by side bump with
jamie rushworth damn lost front bumper and suspension ....

have to go pit repair lost 1 min omg i was 20th :( almost quit but race was to early 12 lap only so i dint and was really happy i manage to finish 9 th :)

great battle thx bram and rd for this great event

Really sorry, every car was lagging quite bad, so it was really putting me off and I locked up the brakes. I waited for you, but I couldn't see where you had gone. Very sorry =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back