Modding Programs / Modding Questions

110926044927588167.jpg

I would like a go at making a helmet, but I'm amazed how good some of you modders are.
That's why I have a question, do you use parts of pictures you search on the internet and manipulate them?
I've got a dds file open of helmet 01 and now I'm like, what do I do now...?

Some use parts of pictures some don't.

I try not to use pics, I tend to try and recreate the effect I would be looking for.

I assume you are going to be using Photoshop or something similar to do the painting.

You'll need the DDS Nvidia plugin if using photoshop to save it back as a DDS file.

Maybe try painting the three main parts of the helmet in 3 different colours and re-import it back into the game to get an idea of where the parts fit together.

Once you have an understanding of it, just design away, start simple, become a little more complex once you get the hang of it.

Trial and error really.

I would like a go at making a helmet, but I'm amazed how good some of you modders are.
That's why I have a question, do you use parts of pictures you search on the internet and manipulate them?
I've got a dds file open of helmet 01 and now I'm like, what do I do now...?

Some use parts of pictures some don't.

I try not to use pics, I tend to try and recreate the effect I would be looking for.

I assume you are going to be using Photoshop or something similar to do the painting.

You'll need the DDS Nvidia plugin if using photoshop to save it back as a DDS file.

Maybe try painting the three main parts of the helmet in 3 different colours and re-import it back into the game to get an idea of where the parts fit together.

Once you have an understanding of it, just design away, start simple, become a little more complex once you get the hang of it.

Trial and error really.
Thanks for quick reply and the nice tips ;)
Yes, I'll be using PS and got everything I need, PSSG editor, DDS plugin, should be all I need really :)
It does look a bit complicated in the way the flat helmet image looks, so the different colours will certainly help.

Do you have a drawing pen/pad or just mouse skills?
How would you make a HD helmet, I know theres high/low res files, but do I create a bigger image in PS..?

Thanks again

EDIT:
Found some info about high/low/HD, would this apply to helmets as well? It was posted in the car editing tutorial topic.

Trickz said:
Good tutorial !
Just one thing , why editing low res textures first ?
I usualy edit high res texture first and for low res ones i just resize the high res texture.
Low res textures are half size of the high res one.
For exemple HD liverys :
high res 4096x4096
low res 2048x2048

Chase Far Camera MOD

Hey guys, i try to edit CHASE FAR/CLOSE camera....

But in other cameras, in rain, i see camera wet.....in this two cameras, haven´t water on the camera...

It´s possible to fix?

Thks

Thoughts on A.I. modding

I dont have F1 2011 yet (because I'm waiting for the AI to be sorted out.) so I cant look at the files myself but I was wondering if the amzing AI mods developed for F1 2010 would be a drop in to 2011? It seems like if all CM did was tweek the AI scripting than the files might be the same between the two games and could therefore be modded using the same files with the same outcome? Just a thought. Anyone tried this?

any interest in this combo of Flags, Start Lights / SC sign ?

this is what i use, a modified combo of Trickz & Italien83's work:

brighter green, black, penalty flags

osdy.jpg

I've done some work on Hakkinen helmet, I made the computer associates visor sticker myself, the only issue is that it doesn't show in game. I check how it looks by going career and take some screens when he gets in the car, but it still has the Force India visor sticker, what am I doing wrong?

Getting Painted Helmet into the Game

I painted my own personal Helmet and wanted to put it into the game after I finished it.
I tried to use Ryders PSSG Editor...

I opened a PSSG File from the bespokehelmets Folder and Imported a file in .PNG format (as it used to work with the F1 2010 heömets)
When I do I get the Error Report:
COULD NOT IMPPORT TEXTURE!
LOADING CUBEMAP FAILED BECAUSE NOT ALL BLOCKS WERE FOUND. (WRITE)

Well I tried to access the Cubemap prior to importing a texture, but the Editor wouldnt allow me.

So I am hoping to get some advice / hints on how to get my Texture into the Game!

And on a sidenote... How do I get the Game to accept a larger resolution texture ? I dont want the Games 512 x 512 resolution but rather a 1024 x 1024 picel resolution?!
Just use the larger texture and import it over the old and smaller one? (I doubt it, as THAT wouldnt work in F1 2010´s textures)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.