Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Hey guys, trying to even out the AI laptimes/fieldspread and make them more realistic etc. In qualy all teams apart from Lotus, HRT and Virgin are within 1.5secs of pole and the back three teams being a further 3secs off the next slowest. Looking to make the spread larger from pole to midfield teams and bring the new teams up so they're just behind the established ones, like in real life (Lotus are only a couple of tenths off the next slowest teams depending on circuit.) So, I tried editing the slow teams' engine power value in RDE but that doesn't make them any quicker like it did in 2010; the gaps to the other teams stay the same. Maybe 2011 needs a different value to be edited this time to make a difference to teams' pace and laptimes? There seems to be a new piece of code for 2011 - AI tier characteristics and the tier 5 cars are all very low values compared to other tiers so I'm thinking maybe that'll do something towards where I want things to be.

Any input would be great if you're looking into it yourself or have any experience doing this sort of thing. :)

Hey guys, trying to even out the AI laptimes/fieldspread and make them more realistic etc. In qualy all teams apart from Lotus, HRT and Virgin are within 1.5secs of pole and the back three teams being a further 3secs off the next slowest. Looking to make the spread larger from pole to midfield teams and bring the new teams up so they're just behind the established ones, like in real life (Lotus are only a couple of tenths off the next slowest teams depending on circuit.) So, I tried editing the slow teams' engine power value in RDE but that doesn't make them any quicker like it did in 2010; the gaps to the other teams stay the same. Maybe 2011 needs a different value to be edited this time to make a difference to teams' pace and laptimes? There seems to be a new piece of code for 2011 - AI tier characteristics and the tier 5 cars are all very low values compared to other tiers so I'm thinking maybe that'll do something towards where I want things to be.

Any input would be great if you're looking into it yourself or have any experience doing this sort of thing. :)

Well the variable has the most direct impact on the performance of the teams is the 'Tier' value.

You could move the HRT, Virgin and Lotus up from Tier 5 to Tier 4 and this will immediately affect their lap times. However, changing their 'virtual performances' values doesn't seem to affect anything. For instance,

Mercedes = Tier 2, virtual performance = 0.935
Virgin = Tier 5, virtual performance = 0.85

If you increase virtual performance of Virgin to 0.95 (same as Red Bull), for instance, it's lap times will still be slow and bottom along with those HRTs, etc. But if you simply changed the Tier of Virgin from 5 to 1, and even with lower virtual performance, its lap times will immediately rival those of Red Bull. You'd see Glock and D'Ambrosio qualifying in top six.

HOWEVER, this only seems works when the things are being simulated away from your 'field-of-view'. For example, watching on the car monitor you will see it, qualifying you will see it. But when you are actually racing, and things are being simulated and rendered live in real-time, then the other factors such as 'actual engine horsepower', 'car handling characteristics' etc, etc as defined in the car physics files in Cars folder, these things will come in to play.

So, if you changed Tier of Virgin from 5 to 1, it will qualify in 5th maybe, but when you're racing and come up behind one of them, you'll see a lower Tiered car such as Williams or Sauber easily pass them on the track in front of you, and so will you if you have a faster car than Virgin.

To overcome this completely you'd have to copy the car files from a team you want, rename them and copy to any team you want to replace. Thats about it I think.

Cheers.

Thanks for that info! I thought it might be something to do with the tiers. In theory, would for instance changing Lotus' tier to 4 and keeping their engine performance just below, say Williams, make them more realistically faster in qualy and also have a realistic race pace relative to other teams in your 'field of view' as you put it? Or perhaps just changing engine performance values as per tier in AI_engine_power_per_tier would be the best way to do it...? That way you can manipulate teams engine power without having to change the tier. I see in that section there's a different value for each team depending what tier they're in so it's all background data for what posibilities you develop in career. I guess by adjusting each one you could make it so that the slow cars could never make it all the way up to tier 1 as you progress in career but still make teams quicker or slower relative to the ones around them that way, and keep it consistent. I'll try some tinkering later and see what I can come up with.

How about AI agression? If I want to make the AI more agressive then in the database.bin in ai_drivers tab if I change the Agression value in front of the name of the driver to higher will it make them more agressive or I have to change any other value too?

Shakings WILL BE reduced. But not too much. The aim is to clearly learn to just fly off the curbs. If you go to grass .. Then good luck. Anyway I'll be able to work on it until this Monday. I'm not home before sunday evening.

many thxs for this mod , give me a great immersion on the car. for me the only problem is in some car i cant see the car to well, i will love to know how to lower just a bit the car. this problem is more noticiable in the williams car.if anyone can tell me what numbers shouls i change in the cameras.xml plz tell me. i just want to change like 1, 2 cm car down or head up.
M$Mkey many thxs love the camera, shaking is ok for me. will keep an eye on final release.

Can you tell me which specific values in the camera files to edit to make the shaking lower then?

find <View type="Head"...> and few lines below

change values parameters inside this group <GroundBumpinessForces>

williams cameras.xml:

[original values]
<Parameter name="limitInMilimetres" type="scalar" value="7.2830" />
<Parameter name="limitInDegrees" type="scalar" value="0.7460" />

[m4mkey values]
<Parameter name="limitInMilimetres" type="scalar" value="12.2830" />
<Parameter name="limitInDegrees" type="scalar" value="5.7460" />

i think 9.2830 and 3.7460 is good enough for me

;)

Latest News