Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

A little DCS helicopter action :)

DCS_BSB_9346.jpg

Got the Frogglez head strap setup. I think this may be a keeper. It fits comfortably, won't come loose, and grabs my head very well. I can't see this ever moving on me.
frogglezSetup.jpg

I changed my mind.
There is a reason the guy wearing the Frogglez in their pictures has a shaved head. This thing works well enough, but it is harder to put on and take off and is generally just more effort than I want to deal with. I also don't like how it bunches up my hair.

I'm going back to the after market Q2 head support on the back of the stock strap without the top strap. So far it's held the headset in place well for over an hour at a time.

buncheduphair.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I changed my mind.
There is a reason the guy wearing the Frogglez in their pictures has a shaved head. This thing works well enough, but it is harder to put on and take off and is generally just more effort than I want to deal with. I also don't like how it bunches up my hair.

I'm going back to the after market Q2 head support on the back of the stock strap without the top strap. So far it's held the headset in place well for over an hour at a time.

View attachment 710192
Try beanie, worked great for me with G2.

Too much excitement going on lately. Not sure when I'll have time to work with this, but cool!

For the first time, I'm not sure I'm ready for this and I may put this in the closet, so my wife isn't worried about all my time being sucked up around the holidays and because I don't have time for something else new and cool just yet.

1701176594084.png

Last edited:
I'm still changing things and I like the overall design.

I will need to install it before I can verify where I want everything mounted from an ergonomic standpoint.

Is this the sort of thing you are looking to do Mark? Have you bought multiple asr bases for flight and sim racing?
Actually that isn't for me. Just others asking me about this.

I think you could also leave the back end caps off like below on the left and slide the wheelbase forward.

I think dropping something straight down is probably easier, but if you have triple screens, pulling forward would be more practical.
frontsliding.jpg

Last edited:
Actually that isn't for me. Just others asking me about this.

I think you could also leave the back end caps off like below on the left and slide the wheelbase forward.

View attachment 710687
Ok that makes sense, it certainly has a lot of flexibility to it, and I do like your idea of using the measures/ rules for achieving repeatable adjustment.

For multiple wheels I have gone down the route of adding an extension to the back of each wheel… but the ASR adjustment would allow the wheel to be adjusted as per the racing series (for example NASCAR seem to have the wheel in their chest)

Shame in the UK ASR is not easy to order it appears, as it states Canada and USA shipping on the website (I stand to be corrected on this)

I also suspect shipping to the UK with added duties would make it prohibitively expensive for us Brits maybe….

But glad you can enjoy the use of the ASR set up Mark

I made sure to get a very similar dish/rim offset for my two wheels to make this less of an issue, but I've never adjusted a wheel for a particular type of racing.

I am wondering if the sheer ease of adjustment will allow me to find a better position, and I'm not complaining about the position I have right now.

I do think this will be much better for guests who just had to put up with where I like the wheel.

In the end I think it was a knee jerk reaction purchase because I liked the engineering they put into it.

Last edited:
Loved mine!

This didn't stand a chance.View attachment 710588
Nice and solid, I like it....

Standard solutions on many of the sold cockpits seem to require, too much futtering or effort. I wanted a motorised solution for my own rigs wheel deck area, I've bought some parts for it recently but also got an individual motorised solution for the monitor too.

The idea is to tap a button for saved memory pre-sets, for different uses or entering/exiting the rig.

Last edited:
Nice and solid, I like it....

Standard solutions on many of the sold cockpits seem to require, too much futtering or effort. I wanted a motorised solution for my own rigs wheel deck area, I've bought some parts for it recently but also got an individual motorised solution for the monitor too.

The idea is to tap a button for saved memory pre-sets, for different uses or entering/exiting the rig.
You just need a key fob with driver A, B, C presets and a motorized seat to go with it :)

Your solution sounds very cool !

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 32 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 84 32.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 149 58.0%