Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

If you suddenly get the urge to buy one, knock yourself out not supporting this in back. That's your call.

I would imagine most people buying one of these will want to support thos properly.

• Deleted member 197115

If you suddenly get the urge to buy one, knock yourself out not supporting this in back. That's your call.

I would imagine most people buying one of these will want to support thos properly.
Did you check the posted dimensions, 80/20 rig pedal tray like P1X can support it mounted at front and back, just like on the screen posted.
Mounting tabs in the middle added just for rigs with short pedal tray, otherwise they are not really needed. So it is a "proper" way of supporting them.

And is it just me or I sense some aggression in your replies, is everything fine at work/home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the reports from our pet sitters everything at home is fine, and I haven't checked into work this week. I guess I'll find out if everything at is fine on Monday.

Completely physically wiped out at the moment, but in a good way. Zero complaints here. I just need to rest so I can do it again tomorrow!

So looking back at the suggestion that the OOB pedal mounts would support the new SimuCube brake pedal....

With the brake pedal hanging in the air off the front of the pedal mount and the back sticking out the back all is well.

Columbo says, "But just one thing is bothering me."

"Where do you put your feet?"

So you got your name on the waiting list? Morad's review is out. The software control looks awesome.

No sir, I have not.

My rig is as long as it can be to have it fit between my entertainment system and sectionals comfortably since we added a large treadmill to our exercise equipment that shifted the sectionals forward a bit.

I would have to rethink my electronics to reposition them to the side, mount my center channel speaker to the wall and do a few other things to cover the wiring currently directly behind the surround reciever etc..

Then I would have to completely re-engineer my pedal deck to keep my tactile and sliding pedals.

So I have a bit of reconfiguring and design work to do before I could consider it. I'm also still not sure it will be worth it for me.

Time will tell, but I have a history of being reluctant and changing my mind later.

Last edited:
I thought about this deep enough to understand what would be involved for my rig and the trickledown is massive. I would have to make a number of compromises to things that matter to me on both my rig and to my media room. So as good as this brake pedal is, I can't see myself wanting to deal with the effort to make it work.

I still think the SimuCube solution looks like the future of brake pedals and that it has some great features. The price doesn't scare me, but physically it is hard to deal with.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Great video. Wow, they do look humongous on that plate, almost RTX 4090 size :D, and the back is still sticking out a bit.

I saw a recent post that D-Box has added a rotor feel haptics to MSFS.

Fingers crossed that they add it to DCS in the near future and that the cyclic feel I have right now still feels right when they do add it.

1679061814480.png

As I've said earlier, I like a mixture of transducer/exciter based tactile effects and the D-Box haptics. D-Box haptics development is still under active development and if they add something good, I'll definitely use it.

My Aero doesn't have a frunk, but I'd still like to try the LeapMotion hand tracking with it. Not really excited about running another USB cable to this device, but we'll see how it works.

I can't take credit for this design. I took two existing designs and merged them together.

1679231396213.png

The new PrusaSlicer 2.6 alpha 3 release has the new "organic" supports. Very cool looking and they are supposed to come off much easier.

1679231406912.png

Last edited:
Had another MUCH simpler idea shown to me that involves subtracting the curve of the aero front plate to make a form fitting sliver and use the command quick release adhesive strips.

My only issue is that I would only use this in DCS and the rest of the time I wouldn't want the extra weight.

Just ordered a HTC Vive Tracker 3.0 that will be here Wednesday.

I'm planning to setup OpenXR Motion Compensation with it. It appears the lighthouse tracking and tracker 3.0 are very much a no fuss operation with OXRMC, so hopefully this will be easy to setup and get working.

For the most part I haven't found motion compensation to be an issue, BUT there are certain D-Box settings that I couldn't put as high as I wanted because there was a break in the immersion when my VR view moved too much in a sustained way. Think about an aggressive brake dive and the entire cockpit seeming to rise up and then drop back down.

I've also been told the view will just look better and that I'll have to see the difference to understand, but like everything else, once I do, I'll miss it if it isn't there.

This goes to how big a deal Open XR Toolkit is and all the things it supports.

Last edited:
It appears that there is some confusion about where this motion compensation lives.

Below is the download for it. It's a plugin for OpenXR and has nothing to do with SRS.

The Vive Tracker is supposed to be very simple to setup and works reliably for many. I've had at least 3 people tell me that it was a breeze to setup.

However, the mount point matters and I may have to tweak that a bit. I've started a 3D model for a mount point on my rig, but it may require iteration. While the tracker has a battery life of 7.5 hours, I can also just run a USB cable to it so it is always powered whenever I'm using it on my rig.

If you are using an inside out tracking headset, it's possible that something like the following may work. Hopefully we will have someone testing this soon.

Edit: Just found out that the inside out tracker likely won't be available until Q3 of this year.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!
I just found out that this new Dynamic Foveated Rendering for DCS is using the native Varjo SDK and will use the native top 39ppd resolution for the center of the eye tracked area you are looking :)

When you are looking near the center of the display this will be amazing resolution I've not seen before. The fact it can do this and dramatically boost performance a LOT at the same time is amazing!!!

Last edited:
Obviously I'm not using a tripod mount as a permanent mounting solution for my new tracker, but it will let me bolt it to my rig easily and is adjustable, so I can tweak the angle and rotation for best tracking with my base stations.

Way too much going on right now!
trackerMount_9059.jpg

And I just heard that the clarity of the Aero running at 39ppd with native DFR is a massive difference. I can't wait to see for myself.

OMG that is an ugly makeshift mount to get the tracker in very easy plane view of both base stations. I will make something beautiful soon and put my left grab handle back on.
trackerUglyMount_9060.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 35 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 86 33.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 152 58.2%