Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

@John Bruno Thanks for that information. I've already contacted the seller, who has already shipped the item and sent a copy of the email to myself stating that I just heard about your issue and that I already have both a TST-329 and TST-429 running beautifully for quite some time and that I will just be bolting this TST-429 in place of a TST-329, so there should be no way that I could possibly overpower it.

@John Bruno Thanks for that information. I've already contacted the seller, who has already shipped the item and sent a copy of the email to myself stating that I just heard about your issue and that I already have both a TST-329 and TST-429 running beautifully for quite some time and that I will just be bolting this TST-429 in place of a TST-329, so there should be no way that I could possibly overpower it.
Good luck on the purchase, I'm not saying they're all bad, the seller does have some positive reviews however if you happen to receive a lemon, you're in for a fight to try and get your mkney back. I, like you replaced a 329 with the 429, my unit was obviously defective.

Good luck on the purchase, I'm not saying they're all bad, the seller does have some positive reviews however if you happen to receive a lemon, you're in for a fight to try and get your mkney back. I, like you replaced a 329 with the 429, my unit was obviously defective.
At least you've made a public service announcement, buyer beware and for my part, fingers crossed. I'm not going to worry about it. If it doesn't work, I'll put my 329 back on and start a dispute and go on my merry way.

At least I got some time on my rig this morning after I got a couple hours of work in.
Feeling pretty good getting into a rhythm and .....

My wife interrupted me and decided "NOW" was the time to take down our 3 Christmas trees and decorations, so the trees are now down and I just need to pack everything back up in the storage room before we go on a hike and then dinner and back to the house likely feeling stuffed and whooped. So the rest of the day is spoken for. Not a bad day, just hate being interrupted when I feel like I'm getting into a groove on the track.

Tomorrow I'll probably work 3-4 hours in the AM and have a bit of time to play after that.

Last edited:
@John Bruno I've just been told by someone who purchased 2 x TST 429's from them and accidentally overdrove the unit. He was able to do an out of warranty replacement with Clark Synthesis. In this case the person had two good working units from this vendor and did overdrive the unit. He was happy that Clark Synthesis would still work with him to replace his unit. I'm not saying it was free, but at least they are willing to work on them.

Last edited:
Good to know. Mind you, with all the hassle of waiting for shipping to now ship to Clark Synthesis for a replacement unit at an additional cost, this wasn't really worth the time lost. In my particular situation, it was better to buy new. Lesson learned.

Finally got a bit more printing done. The Anthracite gray is PETG.

MorePrints_7667.jpg

The tourbillon clock continues. Today is 8 hours of printing tools to help me build it. That will be the last of the 0.4mm nozzle prints, then I go back to the 0.25mm nozzle.

The upcoming prints are all stepwise operations.

The jigs below are to find the correct sizes for interfaces between 3 parts that have to be extremely precisely fitted. The jigs are printed with the same nozzle and filament and print settings as the parts to be printed and then depending on where the bearing and other printed part fit, I select the correct stl file to slice.

Jigs_7673.jpg

If you look at jig in the middle with the large blue part above it, the -1 hex size was still a bit too tight, so I went with -2. The bearing fits well on the +1 bearing size.

The sliced filename below is Gold, 0.25mm nozzle with a +1 bearing size and a -2 hex size.
G80_Axis_3_Bevel_Gear_+1_-2_0.25n_0.15mm_PLA_MK3S_1h49m.gcode

You can see below that the bearing will need to fit on this piece and then the blue part will fit on top of that.

Part80.jpg

Last edited:
Sliced my last file. Printed my last part!

With all the jigs to verify sizing, each part has pressure fit to a snug test fit. Nothing has required force and nothing is loose. I am BLOWN AWAY by the effort this guy spent to engineer this project so it could fit together given printing tolerances and differences between various printers, filaments etc. The fact each jig is printed with the same filament, nozzle, # wall thicknesses and fill of the part needed and that there are fittings between parts and jigs. If you follow all the very specific instructions, it will fit together properly.

Bearings are degreased and have light silicone on them. Next I need to cut a bunch of little metal spindles and put them in the little 3D printed spindle organizer. After that it is time to build this thing
icon_biggrin.gif

What's funny is that this doesn't look like much more than the last image of all the parts, but there are a pile more parts in this picture and THIS IS ALL OF THEM!

PrintsDone_7888.jpg

Last edited:
My TST-429 from MEGA Events landed last night. It was double boxed neatly. There was a 3/8" bolt installed with some type of white caulk that required vice grip pliers for me to remove. The cables have been soldered to plugs. I hope to power it up today and verify that it works properly.

To date there is only one negative vote from John. Fingers crossed that I have no issues.
TST429_7889.jpg

Just put the new TST-429 through it's paces. It feels strong and works well.

Compared to the TST-329 I had to drop the power back a couple notches on my amplifier since it is more efficient and it still has a bit more power, but feels good there.

I "think" it has a bit better low end, but it's possible that I would need to drop the amplification another notch to be equivalent to the 329.

I'm not saying this is night and day or anything. It felt good before, but I have my matched pairing now and I "think" there is a bit of an improvement.

Last edited:
Just put the new TST-429 through it's paces. It feels strong and works well.

Compared to the TST-329 I had to drop the power back a couple notches on my amplifier since it is more efficient and it still has a bit more power, but feels good there.

I "think" it has a bit better low end, but it's possible that I would need to drop the amplification another notch to be equivalent to the 329.

I'm not saying this is night and day or anything. It felt good before, but I have my matched pairing now and I "think" there is a bit of an improvement.
I did get my $$ back through ebay's 'Money Back Guarantee' even though buddy tried petioning ebay to keep it. Good luck, like you I dialed back a few notches and limited the wattage to 150w max.
It does run strong though, feels a bit lower tone when compared to the 329.

Glad to hear that worked out!

I was trying not to read too much into it, but the TST-429 is a beast and I don't think Clark Synthesis is exaggerating when they claim it is twice as efficient. It has serious kick to it.

The next question is when I'll break down and install a second BK-CT on my seat and put the 329 on the side of my seat in a vertical configuration. I keep hearing about how that can help... But that means another audio card, another amplifier and another BK-CT.

My Sound Blaster X4 seemed a bit unsettled for a while and I had to go through gyrations after starting up my computer to get it happy again. It has been stable for the last 8 or so starts so I'm happy it has stabilized but a bit concerned about adding yet another audio box to the setup at least for the moment.

So I think I'm back into a holding pattern with my rig until I can think of anything I want to change on it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 56.2%