Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

That's it! I'm done futzing with this stuff.
USB_Below_9448.jpg

The Thingaverse link includes.

End Caps on each side since the ASR provided end caps don't fit 40 series properly.
One is flush fit and the other is staggered like I have it with the rails as high as they go with the T-nuts flush fit against the side profiles.

It includes the Vertical and telescoping rulers.

It includes the Precision Sim Engineering DIN connector mount.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6377171

Last edited:

Since that video, I've decided I do like it in the wheel mount in the highest position with a bit less tilt for Rally with my large 330mm Momo wheel.

Last edited:
So no more sequential shifter on your rig @RCHeliguy ?
I really loved the fact that you fitted both H and Seq on your setup, won't you miss it?
I still have it, but I never used it. For Rally, I enjoy rowing gears and in iRacing I always use the paddle shifters.

Maybe someday I'll get a sequential shifter with more tactile feel that I might enjoy using.

@RCHeliguy what sequential shifter do you have?
It's an HE, which works reliably, but has no real feeling of engagement. Obviously there are many options with a much better tactile feel, and this may be a chicken and egg issue. I have trouble justifying buying a nicer sequential shift because I never use it, but if it felt better, I might actually use it.

Mounted_7999.jpg

Last edited:
It's an HE, which works reliably, but has no real feeling of engagement. Obviously there are many options with a much better tactile feel, and this may be a chicken and egg issue. I have trouble justifying buying a nicer sequential shift because I never use it, but if it felt better, I might actually use it.

View attachment 716160
I have that one too… yes I know what you mean about the shift feel… the new mag shift from them looks cool, I would hope that the new one has more gear shift feel to it.

I have that one too… yes I know what you mean about the shift feel… the new mag shift from them looks cool, I would hope that the new one has more gear shift feel to it.

I know one person who owns and likes it, and another who thought it felt like a toy and got something more mechanical.

Last edited:
I had the HE shifter for some years. It's small and nice piece of hardware. However, it felt delicate and not something that you can use with passion or rage in the middle of a race. I'm not saying it's not strong, but that it doesn't feel like it is strong. Once I invited a friend to use my cockpit and I was all the time worried about the way he was pulling, pushing and releasing the lever. With the shifter I have now I can safely tell him: "try to break it if you are man enough".

Last edited:
Just designing building block connectors.

I needed to change the angle and length of my VR headset hangar.
Headsethangar_9468.jpg

Then I realized I could use the top two bolts on my button box as a mount for my StreamDeckXL which I think makes more sense and I'm more likely to use it when it is staring me in the face rather then someplace I rarely think to look.
StreamDeckXLMount_9471.jpg
SteamDeckXLBack_9475.jpg
SteamDeckXL_9476.jpg

I've been using the Pro-Sim PSLv2 sequential shifter (I'm sure you already know it) and it has very strong engagement. However it is very noisy which can be a factor for some. It also has quite a bit larger footprint (and weight) than the tiny HE one, so can be a bit tricky to have both that and the H-pattern mounted at same time.
I honestly don't use it very much, (I like the busy-ness of moving through the H-pattern as well) but I found it for a good price on a local buy-and-sell a few years ago.

Sometimes you pick something up thinking that maybe if you have it, you will use it. Sometimes that pays off and sometimes it doesn't.

I look back and still find it funny that I purchased a 3D printer without knowing if I would use it much or what I would use it for.

Last edited:
What 3D printer do you have?, and what do you recommend to purchase if one was looking to enter into the world of 3D printing right now please…

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 54 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.3%
  • Forum trophies